Battle of the Bands Round One

Rachel was leaving her nightmare of a dance class with that horrible Cassandra July when her phone alerted. She got an email from the Mercury Lounge regarding the Battle of the bands. Round one they had to send in a video performance of the band singing an original song and a cover. Leaving Lima had sent the video of them from the Frat party a few weeks back. They had performed "Thousand Needles" as the original song and her and Finn's Favorite Duet "Faithfully".

Her hands start shaking because this could lead to recording a demo. Getting their name and music out there. She clicks the email and read:

Dear Ms. Berry

We would like to thank you for submitting Leaving Lima for consideration. After reviewing the video that was submitted. We are pleased to inform you that your band has made it to Round Two. Attached you will find the details of the next round.

Congratulations and we look forward to seeing your band further.

Fred Merck

Events Manager

Mercury Lounge New York, NY

Rachel started freaking out. She forwarded the email to the rest of the band then dialed Finn. "Pick up, Pick up." She was mumbling excitedly to herself. She could barely contain her joy. She was bouncing on the balls of her feet and then she heard him "Hello" he says. "FINN! WE MADE IT TO THE NEXT ROUND!" she screams into the cell phone. "Babe that's amazing. I'm so happy. Did you tell the others?" Finn asks. "I sent them the email, you should have it as well. We need to celebrate tonight the whole band. We can go to Callbacks." Rachel beams. "Anything you want baby. Let everyone know. I have to stay a bit late. My music composition professor is wanting me to tweak that last stanza I wrote. He thinks it need something and he only know what it is if he hears it." Finn lets her know. "I should be out of here by 7p" "Oh, not a problem bae, I love you. I'll see you at the loft ready to go celebrate." Rachel says before hanging up.

She send a mass text to her band members and friends.

To: Puck, Artie, Kurt, Sam, Mercedes, Tina, & Santana

To celebrate our forte into R2 of BOB. Finn & I request your presence at Callbacks. 8pm to celebrate our success and hone our craft. All of you are expected to be there I will not take no for an answer. Good see you all tonight.

Rachel* (stars are kind of her thing)

Puck was leaving his class at the BCM when he got Rachel's email and text. "This chick is bat shit crazy" he says out loud. Not paying attention to what is in front of him. He bumps into someone. "OH, shit. I'm sorry" he says. Looking at the girl he just knocked to the ground. "Why don't you watch where you are going? You idiot. If you can't walk and text don't do it." She spats at him. Puck was floored who the hell does this chick thinks she is. "Hey I'm sorry no need to get all chic hysterical" Puck responds to the rude girl. "Chic? What is this the 1950's? Who even uses that word? Can you let go of me? I need to get to class." The girls looks pointedly at Puck. "Yea sure, see ya around princess" and she walks away. Puck thinks to himself 'man if she wasn't such a bitch she'd be smokn'.

Kaya couldn't believe some people. How can you not text and walk? She asks herself. Hello the 1980's called they want their Mohawk back. She internally giggle at herself not wanting to waste another thought on that idiot. Her phone vibrated. Kaya looked down to see she had an email from Mercury Lounge. She quickly found a seat in the quad and opened it up:

Dear Ms. Lawson

We would like to thank you for submitting Crossing Coldwater for consideration. After reviewing the video that was submitted. We are pleased to inform you that your band has made it to Round Two. Attached you will find the details of the next round.