ALWAYS & FOREVER - scoups

— in where y/n tries to get her boyfriend to remember the only thing he forgot, which is her.

ALWAYS & FOREVER
c. seungcheol

"goodness, y/n! thank god, you're here." your boyfriend's brother, seungmin, greeted you before both of you rushed up to the hospital room that your in-laws were in. on the way there, seungmin was telling you about seungcheol waking up this morning, but your heart was beating too heavily in your chest in excitement. you were overjoyed that your boyfriend managed to overcome surgery safely and without any repercussions other than a few physical limitations that would eventually heal.

the fancy wooden door slid upon to reveal your boyfriend in a hospital bed, with his family members circling him with smiles on their faces. seungcheol's face was glowing, making you release a breath in relief.

"cheol-ah!" seungmin called out to his brother and his family, all of their heads turning and smiling at the sight of you.

"oh, about time!" your mother in-law gasped, walking over to sit you down next to seungcheol's bed after you greeted her and seungcheol's father.

"how are you feeling, cheol?" you softly asked the boy, caressing his cheek with the back of your hand with a gentle grin.

seungcheol stared at you, before smiling. "i'm feeling great."

you furrowed your eyebrows at his formal language, your hand automatically retracting slightly as his smile fell while his eyes darted to his family members.

"sorry to ask this, but..

who are you?"

a beat of silence passed, before you chuckled awkwardly, tilting your head in confusion as a pang hit your heart in fear.

"what..do you mean? i'm y/n? your girlfriend?" you caressed his hand, your eyes searched his for any sign of recognition as his shaky eyes looked into yours in response.

"she's my girlfriend?" seungcheol looked to his parents in confirmation, making their faces drop in shock. your lips quivered in fear as your legs fell limp in the chair you sat on, your eyes quickly forming becoming shaky. seungcheol's mother was on the brink of tears while seungmin stared mindlessly at his own brother in disbelief.

if he didn't remember you, who he chased for years and loved for years on end, who he never stops mentioning, who he promised to never hurt, what else did he forget?

the answer was; nothing.

choi seungcheol was 25, and had underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor. the surgery went by successfully, giving him almost no drawbacks, except one.

choi seungcheol, as much as he tried, could not remember his own girlfriend.

it was the only thing that had been seemingly removed from his memory. everything from his position as the CEO of a successful FnB brand to the full names of his distant cousins. choi seungcheol does not easily forget, but he somehow can't reach deep into his mind enough to remember the beautiful girl who stood before him that day.

it has been 5 months since then—

with no progress.