CHEEKY - mingyu

— in where the school's playboy turns out to be mr. right, but only to you.

CHEEKY
k. mingyu

"do you find this funny?" an exasperated expression was written on your face as you frowned at the boy in front of you. mingyu, who was just opening his locker, stared at you with a blank expression on his face. his eyes moving from your upset face to the small velvet box in your hand.

"why would i?" mingyu questioned, forcing his books out of his locker before closing it, leaning his weight on his right foot as he gazed at you.

"listen, i'm not down to play one of your silly games. cut it out with the gifts." you said quietly with a threatening tone. mingyu narrowed his eyes at you, snatching the box from your hands.

you were about to walk away, before he pulled your wrist back. he opened the box and took the hairclip that rested inside. he took a small part of your hair and clipped it using the shiny, adorable clip he bought for you while shopping for his sister's birthday gift.

"just take it, you look beautiful. i'm not playing any games." mingyu mumbled, averting his gaze elsewhere as he left you at his locker, dumbfounded.

you clicked your tongue as you contemplated to take the clip off immediately, but the moment you saw your own reflection in the bathroom, your eyes softened. the clip was small, but sparkly. it's eye-catching, which suited mingyu. after tugging at it a little with the intention of taking it off, you decided against it, and left it on.

at least mingyu knew what looked good on girls. right, why wouldn't he?

you cursed under your breath; of course being nice to him while you sat together during biology was a mistake. you have no idea why you attracted mingyu's attention suddenly after a .. few month's break from mingyu's usual activity of hanging around different girls, which is pretty long for how long you've known the guy; but you didn't like that you did. not only would you have to deal with his attempts to win you over and trying to play with you like he does to every girl; you'd have to deal with the other girls who craved even a look from the king of lame, kim mingyu.

what a joke.

during biology class today, mingyu didn't say a word to you. the past few classes you actually enjoyed having his company. you even almost considered him as someone you're comfortable with, seeing as you kept laughing during class non-stop with the boy. the very first day of this semester, he had came to class late. so instead of sitting with the smelly jocks, mingyu found himself quietly asking you if the seat beside you was taken instead of taking the one across the classroom in the back.

the small 'is there anyone sitting here?' that the infamous kim mingyu whispered caught you by surprise. not only did you not expect him to ask with a shy grin and his hand scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment, you didn't expect him to even ask. he seemed like the type to just sit down, wink at you and manspread while chewing gum the entire class.

so even though you hated the cliché group of jocks who seemed to be his friends, you found yourself discussing the organelles of cells and making cheesy jokes in the middle of class. today, he could only smile to himself once he caught sight of the clip in your hair.

"this doesn't mean anything." you said loud enough for only him to hear, attempting to wipe that smirk off his face.

"i didn't say anything." his smile only widened.