I DO - jeonghan

— in where yoon jeonghan chooses love over blood as he tries to save the marriage he worked so hard to keep afloat.

I DO
y. jeonghan

"i think we should file a divorce."

jeonghan stayed silent in shock as his eyes were glued onto yours. you massaged your forehead, incredibly stressed because of the man in front of you.

"why?" his voice became small when he replied you.

"jeonghan-ah." you sucked in a breath, holding eye contact with him. "we don't even see each other most nights because of work. your family still doesn't approve of me and is still trying to set you up with nayoung. we're married. the days we are home, we just find a reason to argue with each other."

you rambled, covering your mouth abruptly as you ended your statement, holding back the urge to vomit out of anxiousness and fear. "aren't you.. aren't you tired?"

jeonghan stayed silent, hurt drawn on his face, staying a couple steps away from you as you held back the urge to fall to the ground and burst into tears.

you didn't want this either. you loved jeonghan more than you have ever learned to love anything. but, it was getting bad lately. the pressure for jeonghan as CEO of his model company and how you have to constantly work in court as a lawyer. it's only been two years since you got married to yoon jeonghan, and his family still doesn't approve of you. both of you being drained from work and the time spent away from each other made arguments a routine.

you wanted the best for jeonghan, and if that was you leaving, you would gladly die for him.

"you don't want this, y/n. say you don't want this." jeonghan finally spoke, his voice making your knees weak as he stepped closer toward you, his eyes shaking.

"it's.." you hesitated, trying not to waver under his gaze, "it's for the better, jeonghan."

"i love you."

you choked on air, you couldn't cry. you had to be strong. "please, don't use that on me."

jeonghan's body was touching yours as his head fell to your shoulder, leaning on it as support as his soft cries can barely be heard.

"please, y/n. i'll make it work."

this was the most clingy jeonghan has been since a few months ago. this display of affection made your heart churn, reminding you of your early high school days, when everything was simpler.

"you don't even come home, han."

"i'll leave the company."

you pulled away from him abruptly, his stern eyes landing on yours as you looked at him in shock. "what? are you insane?"

"i'm serious. i'll do it for you." jeonghan stood his ground as he rendered you speechless.

"your parents will hate me even more."

"it's my life. my choice goes over theirs."

you sighed shakily, your hands starting to shake,  your husband looking at you, his eyes watery, "jeonghan, please don't do this. let's just-"