Chapter 18 - Ben's side of story

A/N: WARNING spoilers for Obi Wan Kenobi

Ines was rocking her 8 months old baby. After waking up from his nap crying, she noticed he was a little hot, which only meant he had a little fever. She knew he was teething, and that small fever was an indication of that.

The baby was looking at her, with his blue eyes filled with tears.

"I know sweetie, Dada will come back with the medicine from the ship, and you will be feeling better in no time," she told him, kissing his little cheek, while rubbing his little back.

"Here, I got it," Luke said coming from outside. Heading towards them, he grabbed the little cup the medicine had, pouring a little bit, he gave it to the baby.

"Here it go, baby. This will make you feel better," he said as the baby drank the medicine, gaining a kiss on the forehead, after it was done.

"Papa, Luke is sick?" Alli asked them, approaching them.

"Yes sweetie. He is teething, and because of that he has a little fever. But this medicine will make him feel better really soon," he explained his daughter.

Looking at them, Alli grabbed Luke's hand.

"Papa, where babies come from?" she asked making Luke frown at her.

"Why are you asking this now?" he said sitting down on the dining room stairs.

"Because Padmé said, you told her that you put Luke inside mama's belly."

"Yes he did, right Papa?" Padmé replied, approaching him and sitting down next to him, she rest her chin on his right leg.

"Yes, you are right. Papa told you that."

"Dad, said that he put a seed inside mama's and that seed became a baby," Ben said approaching.

Alli looked at her brother and sitting on her father's lap, she made him look at him.

"What Ben mean, by seed. I was a seed?" Alli asked him, making him giggled.

Ines laughed while she kept rocking baby Luke.

"We all were?"

"What?" Padmé said with wide eyes. "How?"

"I know. It is like the Davi lizards. They are so close that we don't know where the one starts and the other ends."

Alli frown, clearly not understanding.

"Sweetie, when you get older, mama will explain everything. Right now you are too young to understand something that only adults understand," Ines smiled at her girl.

"But Papa only put the seed inside mama to make babies?" she asked.

"Gladly no," Luke said laughing, making Ines laughed too making the girl frown at them.

"What Papa means is, he puts many seeds inside mama many times, but not all of them turn into babies."

"Then how do you know it will?" Padmé asked her.

"Well we don't. It is a surprise. Your brother Ben was a surprise, for sure," Luke said.

"You were not expecting me?" the boy asked approaching him.

"Not at all. Especially because we were at war against the Empire," Luke explained his son.

"When did you find out?"

"Well actually we were here in dad's planet. And we were very happy actually," Ines smiled at Ben.

"What about us?" Padmé and Alli asked at the same time.