Chapter 15 - Mission failed, successfully?

Start from the beginning

"Fuck off, have another drag of your joint, you're a lot more enjoyable when you don't talk." She smirked cynically before turning back to Adam.

"Kid, he's my brother, I would know whether he likes you or not." Ted furrows his eyebrows.

"Has he said anything??" Adam's interest immediately peaked.

"Well no-"

Kid slumped back onto the sofa in defeat, "Exactly, it's hopeless."

"You're so dramatic, let me do it for you-"

"No! Don't touch my phone-" Billy lunged for Kid's phone to try knock it out of his tight grasp, but before either of them could react a large hand picked it easily out of Kid's hand and began typing a response.

Everyone looked up to see none other than their dear friend Nugget typing away nonchalantly, as if it was his phone, without a care in the world.

"Nugget? When the hell did you get here?!" Kid said shockingly.

"Nugget has been here the whole time, Nugget just couldn't bare friend Kid to continue wallowing in his own pity for another second." Nugget said without looking up from the phone.

"What are you typing- give me my phone back!" Kid jumped like a little child to try and get his phone back off Nugget, but the height difference was so drastic he looked like a small ant compared to Nugget.

"Nugget's done, now we wait." Nugget handed Kid his phone back and sat next to Lily, who gave him a kiss on the cheek, which her twin brother made a sick noise at, therefore earning him a slap on the arm.

Quicker than any of them had ever moved before, all of the squad began to crowd around Kid to see what Nugget had said to Felix.

Felix 💙

Me:  Can I tell you something?

Felix 💙:  Of course Adam, is everything alright?

Me: I like you Felix, a lot more than friends, and it's completely fine if you don't feel the same but I can't sit here and pretend I just want to be your friend anymore because it's eating me alive and it's not fair on either of us.

"That's actually a good confession, I'm impressed." Carla said, shocked at Nugget's ability to speak normally and actually confess feelings, especially for other people.

"Why's he not said anything back yet?" Lily questioned.

"Oh my god it's ruined." Kid was stressing out, big time.

"Don't worry, Felix usually takes forever to type anyway." Ted consoled his friend and patted him on the back.

Everyone was crowded around Kid's phone, just waiting antagonisingly for Felix to say anything at all.

After what felt like forever, and a lot of calming Kid down, finally his phone dinged.

Felix 💙

"Oh thank goodness, you said something, I like you too Kid."

Kid had never clicked on a notification so fast, he began typing but before he could send another message, Felix sent something else.

Felix 💙:  Can I ask you something, Adam?

Me:  Of course.

Felix 💙: Will you be my boyfriend? I'm sorry I'm asking over message, but I don't think I can wait another week until I'm back home to see you and ask you in person.

Me: YES ❤️

Everyone piles on top of Kid, shouting so many words of affirmations and saying things like "I told you it would be okay!" and "I knew he was gay!" which definitely made Adam laugh, and made the day just that little bit more special for him.

Everyone paused as they heard another notification, which only Kid read before he launched his phone across the room and turned red, bursting into hysterics.

"What's he said now?" Carla inquired.

"He goes, 'Oh and ps, you are so obvious when you stare at my lips.'" He said between giggles and as soon as he finished the sentence, the whole room reciprocated his laughs.

"Bro exposed you!" Billy chortled.

"Guess you weren't so slick after all." Lily giggled.

"I'd ask Jerome to throw a party, but I think this is too short notice, even for him." Carla giggled.

As the celebrations died down, everyone dispersed and ended up making their way back to their own homes, Carla agreed to take the project and finish it by herself so there were no distractions, however she wasn't too sure how she was going to pull it off.

She shrugged to herself, she'd figure it out one way or another.

The walk home was long and incredibly boring without her friends, as much as she was thrilled for Adam to get with his crush, she couldn't help but feel like she was falling behind. All of her friends had crushes or partners, and she was just.. there. I mean, there were a couple guys who she thought were 'cute'  she supposed, but none that were worth her time.

She sighed, it looked like she'd have to be single for a little while longer, part of her hoped no more of her friends would get partners so she wouldn't be alone but she'd just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, she had a project to be doing.