I'm Made of Crushed Little Stars

When Charlie awoke from her dream, she had plenty to think about. The appearance of her dad and his personality. It was conflicting. She knew what caused such a behavior change; the fall must've been harsh.

Although Lucifer was now colder and the literal Devil, he still had some of his past self within him. He still held a softness when speaking to Charlie and still looked angelic, as if he didn't belong in the pits of sin he had created.

Charlie wondered what life would've been like if Lucifer remained in Heaven. She thought about it for a while until a thought crashed through her mind. If he stayed in Heaven, she wouldn't have been born. If he had never fallen for Lilith, Hell wouldn't even exist.

She was in deep thought the whole day, from morning to night. Vaggie asked what she had seen in the dream, and Charlie answered. She told the other about the change of appearance and personality. Vaggie nodded and said something along the lines of, "That makes sense."

So when the night came, Charlie and Vaggie settled in bed together.

"Is the spell still working, or do we need to do it again?" Vaggie questions.

Charlie shakes her head, "It'll wear off on its own. Let's go to sleep; I'll update you tomorrow!"

Vaggie nods, and she lays down. Charlie tucks herself in comfortably, and she wraps her arms around the other. Vaggie leans into the hold and closes her eyes, "Love you, good night."

Charlie smiles, "Good night. Love you.."

Strangely enough, exhaustion consumes her entirely. Charlie snuggles closer to the other girl, and she lets her sleep take her.

It's like the night switched today when she opens her eyes again. The light shines down on her, and the dark cloak absorbs it. She can feel herself grow warm. Charlie smiles to herself, "It still works."

She looks around, and everything is the same as last time, except she's in front of the council building.

"Where should I..." Charlie stands still, waiting for something to happen.

As she stood in one place, she felt a little stupid. Sheepishly, she slowly walks towards the doors to the council building. She stares up at the tall doors she stands in front of. She takes a deep breath and raises her fist to knock on the door.

As she brings her hand down, she pauses. Who would even answer the door? She remembers the spell said she could interact with anyone, not just Lucifer.

"Eugh, whatever. Okay!" Charlie brings her hand down to knock on the door.

However, before her hand could make contact with it, it swung open. Charlie stumbles back, "Oh shit!"

In front of her stood Lucifer. He holds multiple papers clustered in his arms and has a sullen look on his face. The dejected look is replaced with a surprise, "Oh, hello!"