Gym

It was early afternoon and Tara had finally finished her English essay after settling down two hours ago, with a mug ,which was once filled of piping hot tea, had began accompanied by the clattering away of her key board. Tara swallowed the last sip of now cold tea and closed her laptop triumphantly, grimacing slightly at the bitter taste of the stronger reminiscence of tea leaf. She still needed to tweak it a bit but she was pretty happy with it. She figured she deserved an hour or so's break from the screen until she had to edit and turn it in.

She fell back lazily onto her bed, her right hand groping around her cushion for the coolness of the screen of her phone. She brielfy read over her notifications, the guys had been texting in the group chat, something about Benji's seeing his middle aged neighbours fucking through their window. She chuckled slightly at the affair, her ice skating competition group chat. was talking about the up coming one in ... then there was a message from Liam from when they were texting earlier.
Liam: "still wanna go to the gym?"
Liam: "I can pick you up at 2"

"Shit" she muttered. It was half past three. Poor guy, she had left on delivered mid conversation.

Tara: "ah sorry didn't see this till now, have you gone yet?"
She let out a sigh as she opened instagram, killing some time by looking at her friends and celebrities latest posts, but 5 minutes in she got a reply.

Liam: "dw and no"
Tara: "still wanna? ;)"
Liam: "k pick you up in 10?"
Tara: "how about 20?"
She typed conscious of how she was still in her PJs with unbrushed hair and no deodorant.

Liam: "sounds good"

With that she quickly got up, opening her closet to find her athletic clothes. She pulled on a pair of black leggings and matching top and zip up jacket. Kind basic but it was cute. She untangled her sleep knotted thick hair and brushed it up into a ponytail, pulling out the shorter pieces of hair at the front to frame her face. She filled a water bottle up as she told her parents about how she'd be back in an hour or so and before she knew it Liam was outside on the drive in his moms mini. Not very manly Benji had called it but Liam didn't seem to mind the old thing, it's does it's job had been his reply.

"Hey" she greeted cheerfully, climbing into the car and quickly doing up her seatbelt, she was met with the sweet sent of the air freshener, obviously placed by the boys mother, romantic vanilla blossom she read.
"Hey," he smiled softly, "how's the wrist?"
"It's good but don't know if I'm gonna be at my a game, might have to take it easy on the lifting."
"Good thing it's leg day." He said, the car being to move.
She let out a short breathy laugh and then noticed the Lana del ray playing softly in the back ground.
"Oh shut up, you do not listen to Lana, what is this?"
"I dabble."
"How did I not know this?... I think you're lying." She accused a brow lifted.
"I'm not, James recommended it to me. What, am I not allowed to like it?"
"No, you are. it's just unexpected. in a good way," she added.
"She just has good music, stop judging me." He joked, exiting her street.
"I'm not, I'm not, I just didn't realise, I thought you only liked rap and r&b."
"I do, but I also like other things,"
"Mhm well no wonder James put you on, he actually has taste."
"Speaking of, did yous talk? He was texting me abt it this morning."
"Yeah, we're all good, he apologised and so did I."
"Good, I feel like yous two have never argued before."
"Yeah, I think you're right, we're both quite chill."
Liam hummed in reply, as he turned off the roundabout.
"You know how I've also never really argued with?" She asked grinning.
"Who?"
"You."
"Where just too good."
"Mhm, honestly, it's only Leo and Benji that bring in the drama,"
"Only cause they're both impossibly stubborn."
Tara laughed. "Yeah and oh my god, do you remember when they got in a fight at Katie Love's 7th birthday party over a plastic trumpet?" She laughed, reminiscing on the boys childish disputes, let's just say the two were never invited to Katie loves house again.
Liam laughed, "oh yeah, I swear one of them then pushed the other down the stairs and broke both their leg and the trumpet."
"Ahaha yeah it was Benji, don't you remember Leo's cast ? I remember putting on a unicorn sticker and Benji made fun of his for the whole 6 weeks. Leo was so sweet,"
"Yeah, I think he thought you were gonna cry if he took it off," Liam admitted.
She chuckled half heartedly, "I probably would have, I guess I've always been overly emotional."
"I just think you're sensitive," he replied honestly.
Tara went a little quiet, feeling slightly embarrassed.
"It's not a bad trait," Liam reassured, noticing her shift, "actually it's probably your best quality, it's what makes you such a kind person."
"Aw, do you mean that?" She asked her demeanour switching to a much more cheerful one, shocked at his sudden genuineness, "That is actually so sweet, like one the nicest things you've ever said to me."
Liam didn't turn, he kept his eyes on the road ahead, but Tara could see the slight upturn of his lips.
"I'm sure I've said more"