Ep13 The 10th Supreme Machine

On the Elven front, atop a large plateau. Two elven scouts rise out of their campsite, and begin surveying the open air. The sun beats down on them as they watch the horizon. 9 horseman stick out of the ground, like antennai to heaven.

They stand there unmoving. It's unnerving. grotesque eyes burst out of 6 ports on it's face. A long chain of teeth rowdown it's neck like a zipper. It disgusted the two elves.

"God john, just look at those abominations. what monster would think of such a weapon."

"Sam, thats the 10th time you've said that this week. I get they're ugly, but you're boring me now."

Sam sighed

"You think we'll ever get past this war?"

"No idea. apparently the empire sent an envoy to help us though."

John took the binoculars off his face and turned to sam.

"Go ahead and report to command. No movement."

Sam oblidged and took out his calling stone.

4 hours later, sundown was immenent and it was time to get ready for bed.

Sam and John had taken turns using saved up rainwater to fill their canteens and wipe off residue.

John purified the water with his magic, getting rid of any particles from the air.

"Yo, John, the next rotation is the next day right?"

"yeah, early morning"

While same was wiping off the remaing water, he still felt the disgust for the machine pinging in his head. He turned once more to stare at the abomination.

looking from afar, Sam couldn't say for sure, but.... he could've sworn he saw a yellow light on the back of one of the horseman.

Sam freaked and yelped for John.

"John! Get the binoculars! yellow light on the horseman with the halberd!"

John stumbled from what he was doing and scrambled for the binoculars.

looking at it's back John didnt see any yellow light.

"Sam, what is it? I dont see anything."

"I swear, I saw something. just wait a big longer. Imma grab the calling stone."

John took down his binoculars and stopped Sam.

"Dude, are you sure you saw something?"

Sam put down the stone and faced John.

"It's pretty easy to see a yellow light when it's sundown."

"yeah, but I think you're just tired dude. I mean why would it just be that one horseman? I mean its pretty weird."

"ugh, come on man. Shouldn't we atleast say something?"

"No, first lets keep observing. we'll take shifts. People are tense as is, can't report some random light without knowing what it is. I'll take first shift."

Sam understood his thoughts and set down the stone. going to bed and hoping he was wrong.

5 hours go by and the night is in full. The only thing lighting the area were war lanterns, the horseman, and the moonlight.

John fell asleep despite his shift and begin to stirr.

"Shit, I fell asleep. Sam! Get up. we-"

John stopped, a faint smell of blood drifted in the air. walking slowly to the tent. he looked in and saw a bloody sleeping bag, and teeth sprawled on the ground.