Ep 10 Autopsy

The rest of the carridge ride to the Elven Kingdom was both silent and uneventful. After seeing such a bloody display nobody wished to ride with Minos.

Minos looked out from his carridge to see not just a lush forest, but a forest comprised of trees the size of skyscrappers. Just from a glance you could tell it was ancient. On the Tree branches was glowing fruit, allowing shrubs and grass underneath to prosper.

Soldier began to peep out their transport and take in fresh air.

going up the path Minos could see bright lights and a beautifal wall made of tree root and stone. A large door made no doubt of the great trees surrounding them.

Within the walls resides the Great Elven kingdom. One tree resides in the very middle of it. It's branches filled with both housing and large lantern lights. In the middle of the tree layed a large castle, pillars embezled into the bark. Minos reminsced an old story one his citizens mentioned.

"Yggdrasil."

Minos whispered as he looked apon it's beauty.

////////////

Entering the city gates, Minos tried to cover himself up to not scare the people who might get a glimpse of him. Now covered in a dark ragged robe, Minos can look around. The city was bustling with people, kids were playing, and the smell of food was intoxicating.

So much life, made Minos think back to when the Lust Layer was still under his rule. Such a thought made him homesick, but in the back of his mind, he knew nothing was waiting for him.

Not anymore

looking at the crowd, he noticed an odd turn around. People's faces began to sour, children were running into their homes. Did Minos not cover himself enough? No, they weren't looking at him. They were looking behind him. Getting out Minos walked out trying to get a better look. The people weren't even looking at his carravan, and there didnt seem to be an accident.

Walking towards the back, Minos saw the other carrivan that followed their own.

He could smell blood

A woman cried, children screamed, and people ran.

"Where is my child?"

A grandmother cried

"Where is my husband?"

A woman yelled

"Momma, why are you crying. Where is papa?"

A child asked

Minos's blood began to pump. He realised what exactly what the carridges were. Soldier transports.

He sprinted towards the transport.

"Oi oi, what are you doing?" cried the driver

Minos couldn't care less.

Pulling up the covered tarp, Minos witnessed a horrifying display.

Elves stared back at him, a majority injured and cleary dying. Many had loss of limbs, and some were discolored. A sure sign of infection

Looking to his left, a rather young elf loomed at him with pryed open eyes. despite facing him, he could tell he wasn't looking at Minos. His teeth were chattering, and the blanket covering him wasn't being held up. Revealing the loss of a hand, and burn marks. within his hand was an item Minos was scared to be reminded of

Reaching out to the man, Minos pushed open the blanket. The elf didn't respond. In his hand, the elf was carrying a spent bullet casing.

"Gunfire.. in a place where it's wall guard is lined with archers."