Ep4 A Piece of Mind

Samiel stares at Minos. Not to hurt my mind? what kind of caution is that. The mana orb said Minos held no mana, so how could he possible pertain any psychic power? Minos began to talk, and Samiel listened intently.

"Before the first man began to walk, when the world was still young, I was there. I was the judge and warden of your lustful desire for one another."

Minos talked in a slow manner, he didn't wanna risk exposing Samiel to information that may question her faith. He wanted his children to have the freedom of their own mind.

"God put me to condemn the sinners who loved too much. I knew there were cases when Lust was nothing, but a curse. however, I didn't believe all who lusted deserve punishment. I rebelled, hoping that one day heaven will redeem my people for the better. I formed a renaissance  within that layer of hell."

Despite Minos's caution for Samiel, she was visibly shaken from his words. condemn the sinners? A renaissance within hell? The warden of lust?

"Minos, I don't know what you're trying to do with such lies, but I do not appreciate it."

Samiel began to get frustrated at Minos.

"Why do you speak such lies to me? I wished to be your ally, yet you speak of words that mock my faith."

She walked off. Minos knew it wouldn't be easy to confirm his identity, but she couldn't wait to hear the half of it.

"Oh child. How naive you are of this cruel world."

He turned, to face one of the training dummies within the court yard. Straw and cloth. Minos raised his palm out to the straw man. The serpent on his fore arm began to glow. a burning figure erupted from his wrist, and reduced the effigy to ash. 

/////time skip to night time/////

within the castles wall, Minos walked down the halls to his cell. Guards were supposed to walk him to the prison, but his transparent demeanor unsettled them to their core. They found any excuse they could to not get the task. A wooden gate creaked open to reveal the prisoners quarter. Sick monsters cackled at the Prime Soul, not understanding the power he holds.

The prison guards walk up to Minos.

"Where are your appointed guards?"

One stepped up. Prison Guard Captain, Leorio.

"You may want to walk around before your fight, but that gives no excuse to ignore the rules, outsider."

Captain Leorio pulls out his baton, getting ready strike the phantom. Of course, it didnt make contacr with the king, parrying it aside Minos spoke with power.

"leave me be"

A cold chill fell through out the room. Guards stepped back in fear. Leorio got into a lower stance, his senses flaring red. Minos realises his children are afraid and softens his voice.

"please, I am tired from my training, let me be"

As Minos walks past the captain, he pats em on the shoulder to calm his nerves.

Now residing within his cell, Minos knew tomorrow the people would cry for his death. For some reason the people of this world hold spite against the people who they summon here. What event could have transpired to fester such rage. Another question for later. Minos rests his head, and starts to drift off into sleep.