23

"If this blows the news it's the end of us," Hyori was so stressed out, walking back and forth in my office.

The head of our legal team, Mr. Kim Soo Hyun, spoke, "My team is working on it, you have nothing to worry ab—"

"You keep saying that and yet we're so close to losing this multimillion dollars construction project because of false claims that we can't even counter!" Hyori bursts out.

"Hyori, calm down," I told her, even when my head is already hurting too much from the progress of the lawsuit filed against us.

We had this emergency meeting tonight for that.

And I have to fucking stay calm to keep the team focused.

"Sorry," she exhales.

"Understandable," Soo Hyun nods, still as calm and collected as ever. "Rest assured we'll keep doing our best."

"It's already 10?" Hyori exclaims in a bit of surprise while looking at the clock, "This meeting has gone longer than I expected."

My eyes widened, "What do you mean it's 10?"

I checked my phone and sure enough, it really is. And I have 1 missed call from Jennie and 2 messages, one at 7pm and at 9pm.

i'm already at the hotel's resto :) take your time i'll wait here

hey i just went up to my room, message me when you're done with work :)

"If that's all, you can go," I told them, walking around my table to gather my things. I went to grab my phone again to call her.

She must've taken dinner by now, right?

Just then, another message from her popped.

chu ordered me room service so i already ate :( and im sleepy. message me when you get home and eat dinner, ok?

I slowed down since there's no use rushing now. How could I lose track of time that badly? I could've at least let her know I wouldn't be able to make it.

On my way to the hotel, I ran into Jisoo and Rosé who must've just came out from the small hotel bar.

"Hey, Lis!" Jisoo grinned, looking a bit tipsy.

Rosé seemed amused at Jisoo for almost losing her balance, wrapping an arm around the girl's waist protectively.

"Ooop," Jisoo gushes, then notices that arm around her. She kissed Rosé's cheek in appreciation, which turned a tinge shade of pink when my eyes locked with Rosé's.

"Really?" I scrunched my face. "You two?"

It's so weird seeing them together... but I'm too tired to even fuss about it.

"Whatever Lisa," Rosé huffs. She then looked at my bag, "Did you just come home from dinner with Jennie? Where is she?"

"I was at work," I answered. Then I looked at Jisoo. "Didn't you order room service?"

"Huh? Why would I when I'm out partying? No one would eat it in my room—"

"No, for Jennie," I said in frustration. She's really drunk.

"We didn't order anything for anyone," Rosé narrowed her eyes at me, "You stood her up, Lis?"

"What?!" Jisoo glared at me. "I kept telling her to come with us but she said she'd wait for you and have dinner!"

I frowned. "It's okay, she ate already. Maybe she ordered on her own."

Why would she tell me it was Jisoo who ordered? I wouldn't mind if she got hungry waiting for me and decided to eat ahead.