2

"Alright. I'll come get her." Lisa ended the call, making me look at her curiously.

"Bogum is asking if I could drive Rosé home again," Lisa sighs, straightening her clothes to look decent. "He said the rest of the team are there and drunk and they all live close to the company unlike Rosé, who is also very drunk by the way."

My brows furrowed at the mention of their new consultant, and Lisa seemed to notice.

"Let's just drive her home then continue our date, alright?" she caressed the back of my hand with her thumb, "Don't be sulky."

"Don't be bossy," I looked away. I feel however I want to feel. If I feel like being sulky then I will feel it!

Now I sound childish. Good thing she couldn't hear my thoughts.

She hooked a finger under my chin and made me face her so I saw her brows raised.

"Me? Bossy?" she pursed her lips. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing," I pulled open her car, "Go  drive her home. I'll take the cab."

"What nonsense is that? Jennie, she's on the way to your house— why are you acting up?" she followed me out of her car.

Because I'm insecure and annoyed. But it's stupid so I need to go before you see my petty side.

"I'm not acting up," I looked at her over her shoulder, "Just wanna go home already so I can rest. Go, take care of your employee."

"Hey, no-" she tries to stop me when I hailed a cab but the cab already stopped and I pulled away from her hold quickly, opening the door to slide in.

"Jennie!"

I looked away because I can't stand seeing her baffled and disappointed state outside while watching the cab that I'm in go.

We haven't even been far gone when my phone blew up with her calls for a while.

Until I got in bed, she was texting me so I just simply said I'm home so she wouldn't worry.

I hate myself for feeling this way. It's not even Lisa's fault that Rosé looks that way... so pretty and with a humor like that, someone Lisa could easily fall for. Except she doesn't live in a rich neighborhood either, so on that part we're even.

God, I'm so insecure.

I checked my phone to see another message that just came in.

From Lisa: Good morning. Eat your breakfast. Don't skip any meals. Call me later.

She's really bossy in the best way.

I quickly got ready for another work day and then ate breakfast with Mom and Hyunsuk.

I adjusted my skirt, clipped my hair and smiled after seeing my make up is polished. If you're wondering what my work is, I'm a sales lady at a store in my area.

We're practically just two sales ladies and two sales men, going on rotating shifts in a store owned by my friend, Jisoo. She sells jewelries ranging from necklaces to earrings, bracelets and watches. We have a fixed monthly salary but it could get higher depending on our sales for the month, especially if you're the one who assisted the customer.

This store is practically inherited by Jisoo from her ultra rich grandmother.

Luckily, Jisoo needed a staff and I happened to need a job.

"I'm gonna be broke for a few months but this is so pretty and I have to have it," a customer gushes.

I turned to see my colleague, Nayeon, attending to her customer's needs. This customer is tall, blonde and... she looks just exactly the woman I'm trying not to think about.