22

2 days later, I was still not talking to Jennie. She didn't message me either.

I'm not sure how many times I've sighed today while looking at her picture on my lockscreen.

"Lisa?" Mingyu enters my office, looking baffled. The rim of his eyes are red from the crying.

I noticed him hiding in his desk earlier so I asked him to come after a while.

"Are you okay?" I asked, not helping but worry.

This is weird. I've become a softie in South Korea and now I'm looking out for someone here in Japan too.

"Yeah, yeah," he sniffed, looking sideways to avoid my eyes, "Sorry. I shouldn't be bringing my personal problems here at work."

"It's fine, Mingyu," I stood up, comig closer, "Want to talk about it?"

"We... We broke up," tears came strolling down his face, his lips quivering as he broke down.

I kept quiet, awkwardly tapping his shoulder. He wiped away his tears with his cuffs, then after a while calmed down and stopped crying while forcing a terrible smile on his face. "Thanks, Lis."

"Sure thing," I handed him a bottled water from my fridge.

When he finally calmed down, I observed his face. His eyes looked sad. He looked terrible despite the handsome face. Mingyu looked to innocent that he couldn't even hide how downcast he is today.

"You can stay if you want to cry some more. I don't have any meeting coming up here," I told him.

He looked touched. "You make me want to hug you, but with consent. Can I hug you? Okay, that's weird just forget it—"

Not only was he rambling, he also looked embarrassed. Though honestly, he looked genuine and just a huge baby that needs a friendly hug.

I chuckled. "Well, if you need it that badly—"

He pouted, his arms quick to engulf me in a bear hug, "I think I love you alread... y."

"Don't worry she knows me!"

My eyes flew to the door that just opened. I was still in Mingyu's arms when I saw a familiar short woman whose eyes were looking at me scandalously.

That voice belonged to Kim Jisoo.

Beside her is another staff who looked just as surprised at us.

But what made me jump out of Mingyu's arms was when I was met with Jennie's icy glare.

"Jennie?" I asked in surprise.

"Um..." Mingyu awkwardly stands beside me.

"Sorry Ms. Manoban, they insisted to be let in immediately," Cheol, the staff, says just as awkwardly.

"It's fine. You can go."

Mingyu looks down while quickly leaving the room, taking Cheol with him who is also his friend so I know he'll probably explain himself to avoid any misunderstanding that would get out of this room.

That would look so unprofessional.

"What was that?" Jisoo crossed her arms, looking like she would murder me any moment. At least she waited for the door to be closed before lashing out on me. "Speak or I will cut your tongue!"

I looked at Jennie, whose eyes avoided mine.

"Why are you here?" I asked, still not believing she's here in Japan.

"To catch your cheating ass," Jisoo looked at me from head to toe, her teeth clenched while acting like she would smack me.

"Look, I know that looked bad..." I sighed, "But it isn't what it looked like."