15

lisa's pov

It was already dark in our room when I got in, and from the light peaking in when I opened the door, I easily saw that there was only one person on the bigger bed.

Even when her back was on me, it was no brainer that it's Jennie just with the way she's sleeping like a baby, her back and legs slightly bent.

When I closed the door behind me, it turned pitch black inside.

I quietly went to my bed... although I know she's awake.

"I can't sleep," she says in almost a whisper.

Why is my heart aching?

Maybe because I'm wishing I could hold her to sleep. Being in the same room as her, with just us two, is torturing me even more. Where the hell is Jisoo?

"Why'd you gone to bed early, then?" I asked, lying on my back. My eyes are wide open even when I see nothing in the ceiling.

"I've always slept early, you know that."

"You're on a vacation though... who gets to bed early?" I teased, trying to ignore the elephant in the room.

"You and me, maybe?" she lets out a strained chuckle.

"I'm kinda tipsy, that's why I went to bed early. But you're earlier."

"I couldn't find you, that's why."

Only she could make me feel this way with just her words.

"Why?" my breath hitched.

She took in a sharp intake of breath, "I feel like I just fucked things up."

I squeezed my eyes shut.

"You have to figure things yourself, Jen... because as much as I'd do everything to win you over..." I couldn't finish it, because how would I word it?

That I'm grateful for the chance, but upset that she gave the same to someone else? Do I have the right to feel this too?

"I will," it sounded like a promise, but not a guarantee that she will choose me.

"Goodnight, Jennie."

-

The next morning, I got up earlier than anyone else. Seems like everyone's tired. Maybe they went to bed late.

When I heard the door creak open, my eyes were met with Jennie's sleepy ones.

"Good morning," I threw her a smile.

"H-Hey, good morning to you too."

Instead of only one, I made two cups of coffee quickly.

"Coffee and bread for you, hun," I placed the cup of coffee as well as the bread on the counter where she's standing in front of.

Her eyes widened a bit, her cheeks a pink tinge.

I asked for this chance and I wouldn't waste it.

"Why?" I propped my elbow on the edge of the counter opposite her side, my chin on her face as I leveled hers and smiled, "Falling for me already? It's just bread and coffee, hun."

"Are you still..." she bit her lower lip, "I mean... I thought you're upset..."

"Maybe. But that wouldn't make me love you any less, just because there's tight competition," I shrugged.