The closer they were to her destination, the calmer she was becoming. Hope always breathed inside her heart along with a hint of fear but Delilah learned to trust Ashley. Like a sister, she was guiding her.

From the bottom of her heart, she was grateful to the girl.

Under the watch of her hazel eyes, she watched passengers entering the boogie. Three men entered and she identified them. Call her experience that she knew the difference between ordinary people and people who belonged to a unlike world.

She looked down at Delilah who was sitting silently. She absent-mindedly stared at nothing selective and her hands were folded on her knees.

The men dispersed, scanning down everyone in the coach. Ashley busied herself, hiding her face. It was her advantage that people were mindful about their health and wore masks. She was one of them.

They passed by her side and then she tapped Delilah's shoulder. The girl looked up at her partner in alarm.

"Follow me," she whispered before standing straight. Delilah nodded her head, not even being aware of the dangerous men around her.

Ashley didn't reveal them to her or else she could've panicked which Ashley didn't want. Acting normal was what she commanded Delilah to do.

The men walked into another coach meanwhile Ashley and Delilah got down from the train as soon as it stopped after crossing three stations.

"I need painkillers," Ashley mumbled and Delilah heard her.

"Do I seem to worry about it? I'm enjoying this hunting game. It's fun."

The platform had less mass compared to the earlier ones. He was walking ahead with strategies and reflections brewing up in his mind. It couldn't rest peacefully. Never. It used to. But not now. It made a huge disparity when she walked out of his life and the whispers around him wondered if he even thought about her or not.

"You were always fond of it. But keep in mind about Edgar. He wouldn't like it."

"I think I asked you for something else?" His demeanor changed at the mention of someone named Edgar. His grip tightened a little around his cell and right then, a shoulder collided against his, not jerking him even a bit. He was steady but not the girl.

"Pardon me," she mumbled, trying just to steal a glance at the man but her eyes were stuck on him the moment she looked at his face.

It was beautifully carved. Arched brows, high cheekbones, and sharp jawlines he possessed. His eyes owned a shade of green; emerald. They were bright but dead yet so beautiful that she forgot to breathe.

Unlike her, he didn't ponder much about her appearance. "It's okay," he said, his voice deep and chilling. His eyes lingered upon her phone screen which she'd been holding and zooming in on the picture of a medicine.

Coming out of the charm, she nodded her head and walked away.

He turned around and watched her reach a girl who was covered from head to toe. Even her eyes were hidden behind a net veil. She was standing with a bottle of drink in her hand and something clicked in his mind the moment he saw them talking to each other.

"How does she look?" He asked over the phone as the line was still ongoing.

"I'll send you the picture." And that was it. He disconnected the line and closely beheld the girls. Unlike Delilah, Ashley sensed his burning gaze on them, and without even looking at him, she started walking away.