My Diary (Cassandra )

Começar do início

"Did you find it enjoyable?" he inquired.

"Yes, indeed. Thank you," I replied.

"You're welcome," he acknowledged.

An involuntary yawn escaped me.

"Hey, you need to rest; it's been a long day," he advised.

"Good night," I murmured, rising from my seat. As I walked toward my room, his gaze followed me.

As I stepped toward my doorstep, relief washed over me. He hadn't followed, as if he sensed my need for solitude after the events of the day. But when I turned, there he stood, still watching me.

"Erm," I stuttered, gathering my courage. "I'd like to visit my friends tomorrow," I requested.

"It's okay," he replied calmly. "I'll have Sam pick them up for you."

"Okay, thanks," I murmured, and with that, I left.

And that, Cassandra, was the end of it.

What a day, right? I mused, closing my diary Cassandra.

Flashback*****

During my high school days, I had two close friends named Cassandra and Patral. Our bond was stronger than that of sisters, and our closeness was the envy of everyone in class. Cassandra and Patral were the complete opposite of me, extreme extroverts with sweet and amazing souls.

One dark Wednesday morning during Easter holiday, my phone rang. It was Cassandra calling. Seeing her name displayed on my screen always made me smile.

I answered, "Hey Cas," as I usually called her.

"I need to see you, best," Cassandra said. Patral, on the other hand, called me "Amorzinho," which means sweetheart in Portuguese. For me, I simply shortened their names to my taste.

Despite the faintness of her voice, I could tell it was my best friend Cassandra. She promised to text me the hospital address, and the call ended.

My heart raced, tears welled up in my eyes, and I didn't even know why. Without waiting for the address, I hastily put on my clothes and rushed out of the house.

Arriving at Hope's hospital, I met a nurse at the front desk. I explained that I was there to see Cassandra.

"Who are you to her?" the nurse asked.

"I'm her sister," I replied.

"Oh," she said, "Cassandra mentioned you were coming. Please follow me."

I wasn't surprised that Cassandra had told them we were sisters. They led me to the room where my friend lay helplessly on the bed—a room that would become her deathbed.

Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably. "How?" I asked, sitting by her bedside.

"Hey, best," Cassandra's faint voice reached my ears. I leaned closer to hear her words.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you ," she whispered. "But promise me this: no matter what happens today, no matter how much it hurts, promise me you'll be happy. Promise me you'll have that dream wedding for both of us. Promise me you'll fight when the time is right, promise me you'll forgive me and I'll be right beside you."

"Cas," I whispered, my voice trembling like a fragile leaf in the wind.  I could feel the weight of her unspoken words pressing against my chest.

"Where are you going to?" I asked, my voice cracking. The air seemed to thicken, suffocating me as I waited for her response.

But she remained silent, her eyes searching mine for something I couldn't quite grasp.

"What fight?" I pressed, desperation clawing at my throat. The room felt smaller, closing in on us, and I wished I could tear down the walls, break free from this suffocating reality. But she only shook her head, tears welling up and spilling over.

"What's going on?" I pleaded, my heart racing. Fear, pity, bravery—all tangled in her gaze. She was asking for more than just words; she wanted a promise, a lifeline to hold onto in the darkness.

"Hey, please promise me," she implored. Her fingers brushed against mine, and I felt the weight of her vulnerability. "Promise me best.

"Oh, Cas," I choked out her name, my tears blurring the room. I couldn't look at her, But I made the promise,  and she slipped away.

She was gone, leaving me with questions that echoed in the emptiness. Not a single answer, just the ache of loss etched into my soul.

I clung to her lifeless body, my fingers trembling as I whispered, "Cas, please don't do this." But she didn't wake up. The room remained silent, except for the sound of my heart breaking—a pain that would never fade, a wound that would never heal.

The nurse held me in her arms, her touch both comforting and suffocating. I clung to my dear Cas, her life slipped away like sand through my fingers. The room was sterile, the air heavy with the scent of antiseptic and despair.

As they wheeled Cas out, Patral  appeared in the doorway. Her eyes widened, confusion etching lines on her face. If only she knew that beneath the white shroud lay her best friend, Cas—gone, forever.

Patral  rushed to my side, and I pulled her close. Tears flowed freely, mingling with the ache in my chest. Her heartbeat reverberated against my own, frantic as a racing car. She cupped my cheek, her touch grounding me in this nightmare.

"Arial, where is she?" Patrals voice trembled, and I saw the storm of emotions brewing in her eyes. I couldn't bear to meet her gaze, but I had to be strong—for both of us.

I held her tightly, my lips brushing her ear. "I'm sorry, Patral," I whispered. "Cas is gone forever."

She clung to my gown, her trembling hands seeking solace. We wept together, grief intertwining our souls. Minutes stretched into eternity, and finally, Patral's sobs subsided.

I turned to a nurse, my voice raw. "What happened to Cas?" My mind raced, memories of our laughter and shared secrets flooding back. "Why was she in the hospital? We were together just yesterday."

But the nurse's eyes held no answers, only a silent acknowledgment of loss. Cas had slipped away, leaving behind questions and an excruciating ache that time could never heal.

She glanced my way and replied, "Miss Arial, I don't have the answer."

"What do you mean?" I retorted. "Our friend just passed away, and she was admitted to this hospital. Yet you're telling me you don't know what caused her death?" My voice escalated as frustration surged through me.

"Ma'am," the nurse said calmly, "please lower your voice. This is a hospital."

How could she say that? We had just lost our dear friend! The audacity!

I rose from my seat, grabbed my bag, held Patral close, and walked away.

Patral had also been our friend, though she was closer to Cassandra.

WHAT KILLED CASSANDRA?????

End of flashback***

My nightwears were soaked with tears, the memories of Casanadras death hurt like it was just yesterday.

Cassandra was gone like everyone keeps saying but I knew she was always with me like she promised so I named my diary Cassandra.

I was sad and tired, so I turned off the light and slept off.