Chapter Ten- Forgivness (for a price)

Start from the beginning

"So, the Princesses are at risk" Cricket asked.

My ears prick up.

"They won't be. I wouldn't let them ever go to that place" Rowan replies.

"But if Jupiter said they go there..." Robin interjected with a sense of panic.

My children go where?!

"Why don't you want Andromeda to know this" Cricket asked "surely she will cremate you the second she learns you have kept this from her"

"She would cremate us all, for she would not allow herself to be cuffed if she knew" Rowan returned "and we must make it through this night. The Ball is important to secure Jupiters acceptance, and her place in the royal family"

My eyes engulfed, and Rowans table in the corner of the room dropped to the floor, burning to nothing but a puff of smoke.

I left quickly, and returned to my chambers to dress "Call Eris up" I demanded of my Guard.

The guard nodded and got to work, and Jay I noted was already changed and in a new pristine uniform.

I had to get dressed for this ball, and go and see the one person I swore I wouldn't stand in front of again, my Mother.

My Mother, she was the only Fae I knew whom had the ability to help me this night. She was currently residing at the furthest corner of the veil, in a grand tree, far enough I was happy that she was out of sight. I needed a cuff, one that appeared to be the real deal, and yet allowed me to keep my magic. The only person who owed me a great debt and could master this task without offering me up to Rowan, was my Mother. If she wanted my forgiveness, she would have to work for it, and work fast.

I wasn't going to be powerless when a threat emerged for my daughters. I was going to be more powerful than I had ever felt in my entire life.

Rowan thought she was doing the right thing by keeping me subdued, but she was so wrong, so very wrong. The thoughts I had had of longing for her, they vanished. How could she keep this from me?!

The four poster bed in my room burnt down to nothing, and the curtains in the windows were engulfed.

Eris entered the room, her mouth dropping open to see that I had entirely destroyed my chambers, and was currently stood at its centre, surrounded by flames that licked at my clothing.

"Andy" she gasped "stop"

I shook my head, my eyes flicking between their usual green, and then fire light as I tried to control my rage. "I'm trying" I tell her, squeezing my eyes shut and taking deep breaths.

A whoosh of air is heard, and silence fills the room. My ears tingle a little.

"Better" Eris asked.

I open them and sigh with relief, the room is filled with ice "yes"

"I forgot you were so cold" I return, remembering that my cousin was indeed as cold as I ran hot. Elemental as many of the star line seemed to be.

"That's why our Mothers always had us hang out together as teenagers... because once the magic came in... we balanced each other out. There was a lot less fire outbursts for your Mother to contend with, and alot less blizzards for mine"