Seoksoo - insomnia

ppl - joshua & dokeyom
prompt(s) - insomnia
a/n - another short one 🦎

joshua's pov.
I wake up for the 4th night in a row to my boyfriend stirring in bed next to me.

I knew he was struggling with lack of sleep for some time now, but since he's been sleeping in my bed for the last four days as we've been growing closer as a couple, I've really seen and heard how much it's been bothering him and how bad it actually is.

I slowly turn around and see his shadow in the dark of our room staring at the ceiling. "Baby?" I whispered. I see him jump a little, then I heard his body shift to face me. My eyes were quickly adjusting to the dark and I could make out the beautiful face in front of me.

I smile sadly, yet fondly at him. I shift a bit closer to him so that our noses are touching and I bring my hand to rest on his exposed waist as he slept without a shirt last night, well, 'slept'.

"What going on seokminnie.." I say softly. "I can't fucking sleep, and, and I can't take it anymore Joshua.." I hear him say sadly. I could practically hear the tired tears in the back of his throat as he spoke. "Hey, it's ok honey.. c'mere," I say as I bring him into my chest.

I turn so that I'm laying on my back and his head is resting on my chest. I slowly bring my hand up to his messy head hair, trying to get him to relax and become drowsy enough to fall asleep.

"I know you've been having trouble sleeping, darling. And I understand that it's hard on you, I know, I get it. Cry if you need to, ok? I'll be here always.." I whisper to him softly.

Then, for about 20 minutes he was shedding silent tears, practically soaking my thin sleep shirt, but I don't care. He needs me so I'll be there for him.

.

After a short pep talk from me to him, my boyfriend snuggled up to my neck. I could feel his cute nose at the back of it letting out soft breaths as he try's to relax some. I bring one of my hands to the back of his neck as start playing with the small hairs as well as gently massaging the area to try and calm him down. "That's it baby.. just chill, I'll be here.."