A Quiet Sunday Afternoon

"Greetings, what are you doing inside on such a fine day?" Lucius asked stepping through the portrait hole. He had been surprised when the necklace informed him that the two boys were in their rooms.

Harry had left shortly after he'd dropped his little bombshell, Draco going with him. Lucius had stayed for a while longer, but when Severus immersed himself in research of the potion they needed he had decided to leave. If you disturbed the Potions Master when he was working, your health was definitely in peril. Lucius had no wishes to get additions to his body thank you very much, or have his current limbs changed into strange colours and/or shapes.

Besides, he needed to make sure that Harry had calmed down after his meeting with that fool Albus.

Harry looked up from where he was sitting, a bowl of beans beside him. "Hello Lucius, I'm working on extracting revenge and trying to think up something to do for the Forgotten Art's class. What do you think of a statue of the Dark Lord in his full glory?"

"Umm, maybe you should try and do something less... violent and... gory. I don't think that was what the Professor had in mind when he told you to be creative."

"Pity," Harry said with a straight face. Then he broke into a fit of giggles, leaving father and son to shake their heads at his antics.

Harry went back to bespelling his beans, using an old spell he'd found in one of the journals from the Black library. The only drawback was that they had to be bespelled individually, or they could be traced back to him and that was something he wasn't ready for yet. He wanted to aggravate Dumbledore, make his life hell for a while as he had done to Harry, but he wasn't ready to openly defy the old man. He was still too vulnerable for such an occurrence, hence why he was spelling several dozens of beans one by one.

Glancing up, he couldn't help but smile. Lucius and Draco were sitting side by side on one of the couches, talking about something. The atmosphere in the room was cosy and inviting and he knew that if he wanted to, he was welcome to join them. They honestly wanted to be with him, spend time with him. To them he wasn't a burden, or a chore. They actually, genuinely, cared for him.

Finishing off the last few beans Harry created a pouch and put them in it. He would seek out his potential ally later tonight and hopefully there would be chaos tomorrow morning. Harry grinned, he couldn't wait.

Leaning back and stretching, Harry considered what to do next. He wasn't in the mood to work on his essays or read. He longed to join the two blonds, but they were having a serious discussion about something and he didn't want to intrude until they'd finished.

Pulling one of the 'toothpicks' from his pocket Harry resized it and stared at it with a pensive look. For once he actually wanted to show off in class and he had no idea what to make.

Letting his gaze wander around the room his eyes fell on an open book Draco had been leafing through. There was a picture of one of the constellations and suddenly an image jumped into his mind. Rushing into his room Harry went to the small bookshelf in the corner and he searched the books almost frantically. He had gathered all his school books there, including the ones from his Astronomy classes. There should be a detailed sketch in one of them of the night sky, he thought.

Finding the book he needed Harry returned to the living room, never noticing the curious looks he got from the other two. Opening the book at the appropriate page, Harry committed to memory the layout of the stars and the correct placement of all the constellations. Cutting the log in half, he placed the tip of his wand on one half and uttered the spell. When he opened his eyes again, a sphere was resting on the table and on it was the entire night sky, the stars standing out in relief.