Task One - The Bloodbath - Females

Start from the beginning

I gasp and launch myself off the platform, my ankle rolling under the unsteady landing on the uneven ground.

I hiss in pain, and try to run.

My ankle holds up enough to make it to the edge of the supplies and I grabbed a belt full of knives, clipping it around my waist with a swift movement. I also snag a small water skin and a small box of crackers, stuffing these two packages in a small pouch I scoop up.

I draw one of the blades from my waist and turn in a full circle, knife held in my hand tightly. I see some of the other tributes around me, fighting, grabbing supplies, and dying.

I hear loud footsteps behind me and I stab without looking. My eyes are squeezed tightly shut. When I opened my them, a person lays dead before me.

It was Phylla, the Leo girl. Her amber eyes stared into nothing, the playful glint winked out. Her auburn hair is spread behind her, and a metal pipe is enclosed in her hand, as though she had been going to hit me over the head.

I hear the cannon and stumble back, my ankle buckling slightly. I slam into someone, and fall flat on my back, palms holding me from fully pressing against the ground. I hear a scream and I turn my head, watching my unfortunate victim as they tumble back through a gap in the clouds.

I see blonde hair whipped by the wind and blue eyes, wide in shook. It's the girl from Aquarius, who's name starts with an A. Another cannon fires and I sigh in relief, glad I didn't share the Aquarius tribute's fate. I heave another breath as I realize I have killed two girls, both of whom, like me, wanted to win.

Two less people in my way. Two less people who could pose a threat.

I scramble to my feet and throw the knife I still hold in my right hand. It hits someone right in the point where their skull meets their neck. It's the girl from Libra. I quickly grab the bulging backpack she is carrying as she tumbles forward and I pull the knife out of her head. I grimace at the blood now coating the sharp blade, and I realize I'll have to clean it later.

My legs work on their own, beginning to push me away from the Cornucopia, and the other tributes, some of who lie dead on the whiteness of the clouds.

I feel someone jerk me back by the pack I have strapped around me and see the savage face of Kun, the Capricorn male. I desperately stab back with the knife and miss, grazing his cheek and leaving a long, shallow wound. Kun snarls and grabs for the blade, but I don't aim wrong twice.

The point stabs right between his eyes, and I feel his hands go slack. I pull away, sliding out of his previously tight grip, not even bothering to grab my weapon this time. 

I take off, hoping whatever's away from the Cornucopia is scared of a 13 year old Taurus with a belt full of knives.

***

GEMINI - Mariposa Henrison

Dear Amaryllis, my flower,

I wish you were here with me. Not that I'd like you to be in the games, but even just being able to talk to you for one more second would help.

So, I survived the first day. Barely. You were watching, weren't you? I bet you couldn't tear your eyes away from the screen from the first second that the goddesses disappeared.

I couldn't keep my eye closed, either, even if I had wanted to, what with the brightness up on the clouds. It seemed like a lot of the others were dazed by it as well, though I suppose I was more used to the altitude than most. Guess living on the mountain comes in handy, huh?