6. The Splashy Surprise

Start from the beginning

Taehyung rose to his feet and extended his hand towards Jungkook, prompting him to take it. Though initially confused, Jungkook grasped Taehyung's hand nonetheless. Guided by Taehyung, they made their way to a small wooden bridge spanning the lake. The bridge, narrow and partially broken, allowed passage only to its midpoint. Seated side by side on the bridge, they dangled their legs over the edge, soaking in the calm atmosphere.

"That was incredible! I have never heard anyone sing so well! You should've been a singer!" said Taehyung, his eyes sparkling with admiration as he gazed at Jungkook seated beside him.

Jungkook's voice carried a hint of sadness as he replied, his gaze fixed on the peaceful surface of the lake.
"A person doesn't always get what he wants"

"Why? I think that if a person really wants something, then no one can stop that person from getting it " said Taehyung, turning to face Jungkook.

"You know there was a time when there was no greater passion in my life than music"said Jungkook.

Reflecting on his past, He reminisced about his high school days, when his dream was to become a world-renowned popstar. However, his father's insistence on following in his footsteps as a businessman led him down a different path. Now, Jungkook couldn't help but feel that his musical aspirations were nothing but a childish fantasy.

He sat there, lost in thought, his fingers absentmindedly twirling a leaf between them.

"Your life is over now? You are talking as if you're dead"
Taehyung questioned Jungkook, a hint of frustration in his voice.

Jungkook glanced up briefly before returning his gaze to the lake. "It's not over but.....Now music can't happen anymore" he replied softly.

"Why? Why can't you do it? What is stopping you? Tell me" Taehyung pressed, studying Jungkook's face for a response. He was curious why Jungkook couldn't pursue singing with his exceptional voice. To him, it seemed like a waste of talent.

Observing Jungkook's silence, Taehyung recalled his reserved nature and his habit of keeping his problems to himself. Acknowledging this, he chose not to push Jungkook any further, opting instead to refrain from prying into his personal matters.

"Oh God! Don't tell me. Fine. But don't become an angry young man again. Please!"said taehyung, pointing his index finger gently at Jungkook.

Jungkook simply smiled, his eyes still fixed on the lake. Turning towards Taehyung, he nodded in agreement. "Okay."

The sound of silence lingered for a moment before Taehyung broke it."I guess I'll kickstart the conversation, then," he said with a grin, eliciting a bunny smile from Jungkook in return. "Of course!"

As Jungkook gazed at the lake, memories of Taehyung's lively chatter on the train brought a smile to his face.

"The water looks amazing, doesn't it?" Taehyung exclaimed eagerly, his gaze fixed on the lake.

"Yes" Jungkook answered with a smile, his attention still drawn to the lake.

"Have you ever jumped in such a lake before?" Taehyung inquired, his eyes shining with excitement as he awaited Jungkook's response, gesturing towards the lake.

Jungkook's smile faded as he comprehended Taehyung's intentions, his focus shifting from the lake to Taehyung's eager expression and said "Taehyung, I think we should leave"

"We should try it! It'll be so much fun!" Taehyung exclaimed eagerly, leaning towards the water, ready to take the plunge into the lake.

"Hang on! Hang on! I wanted to ask you something"Jungkook interjeted, raising his index finger to emphasize his point.