Always With You- Percy Jackson

Start from the beginning

Y/N still didn't look up, tears began to fall slowly down her cheeks, but she still refused to look into Percy's eyes, knowing that if she did, her heart might shatter. 

To Y/N, there was nobody more important in her life than Percy. They hadn't known each other for very long, but after a lifetime of abandonment and distrust, Percy was a much welcomed breath of fresh air.  

They sat down on the steps outside the diner, and Percy used his hand to tilt her chin up gently, "Y/N talk to me please". 

Those words broke her instantly, she choked back a sob and hugged Percy around his torso, "I just don't want anything to happen to you'. 

He rubbed her back, "I'm fine, I will be fine. I promise". 

"But what if you get hurt, or captured or", she rambled.

He pulled her back and cupped her face in his hands, "No matter what happens to me, I'll always find my way back to you. I love you, Y/N". 

Before she could react, he leaned in closer to her, still holding her face in his hands, now wiping tears off. 

She didn't say anything, instead she leaned in as well, closing the gap between them and kissing him.

The kiss was short, yet filled with all the love and yearning the two had felt for eachother since the moment they met. 

When they pulled apart, Percy rested his head on her forehead, "We'll be fine, don't worry". 

*************************

That night, they had enough money to get a hotel room. There were two beds and and a sofa, Grover and Annabeth opted to take the beds while Y/N and Percy took the sofa. 

By the time they got into the hotel room, everybody was too exhausted to even speak. So they all lied down and just crashed. Y/N and Percy slept close together that night, holding each other like they needed reassurance that the other was still there. 

The next morning, they all went to grab breakfast. 

"I can't believe we've made it through a night, and haven't seen anything. No monsters, no Luke?", Grover pointed out. 

"It's  weird", Annabeth agreed, "We should have seen something by now". 

Y/n shrugged, "It's weird but so so nice". 

Percy didn't say anything, he was too busy staring down the hallway, at the huge front door of the hotel. 

"I think something's outside. Annabeth come with me", he announced. 

Y/N felt a pang of jealousy, why Annabeth and not her?

"Y/N stay with Grover", he added. 

"Why? Shouldn't we all just go?", she argued. 

He looked at her, a soft glint in his eyes despite the assertiveness of his tone, "You're a healer Y/N if something happens out there, you of all people need to be safe".

He gave her a quick peck on the lips before dashing down the hall with Annabeth. 

"When did that happen?", Grover asked, one eyebrow raised. 

Y/N blushed, "Yesterday, outside the diner". 

"Oh that's why you took so long". 

"Listen-". 

Just as Y/N was bout to say something to Grover, a loud bang shook the small hotel lobby. 

The large glass window had broken from an explosion of some sort, knocking both Grover and Y/N to the floor.