Nothing for the Crows

When I came home from work one day, a most peculiar sight awaited me - a chest; heavy, wooden, and laden with gold. I have not been one to try my luck, but something in the chest drew me in. I brought it into my house, set it on the kitchen table. I looked it up and round, and saw no inscriptions, no frescos, no imagery whatsoever, but a single crow feather. 

A nothingness, despite the gold.

Naturally, I opened the chest, curious of its interior, hidden behind gold and wood. I opened the box, and upon my eyes was a most peculiar sight; Nothing. Nothing unlike anything I had seen in my life, a Nothing deeper than one may possibly explain. A Nothing that swallows you whole, becomes you, inhabits you. A Nothing you cannot escape.
And so, one may imagine my surprise when I felt myself ripped from this peaceful Nothing, and thrown back into the painful realia of Everything. One may imagine the shock I felt, when below myself I saw blood. Above me, blood. Blood on my hands. Blood on the warm body below me. Blood filled my lungs as I ran. I ran as fast as I could, tripping over myself and cutting my throat dry. I could not run fast enough. I could not escape the Nothing, the Nothing you cannot escape.

The Crows are satisfied.