Volume 1 Chapter 1

"Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!"

Currently, Ruby was aboard a large airship, making its way to Beacon. The woman who had just hugged her is her sister or actually her half-sister.

"Yang, please stop," Ruby says, trying to gasp for air.

"But I'm so proud of you!" Yang says, releasing her sister from weapons called her arms.

"Really, sis, it was nothing."

"What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees."

"I don't want to be the "bee's knees," okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

"Whats with you? Aren't you excited?"

"Of course I'm excited... I just... sigh, I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything."

"But you are special." Her sister gave her a one-armed hug trying to cheer her up.

They then drew their attention towards the nearby TV as it talks about the recent robbery.

"The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa," the news reporter finished. The screen then changed to another reporter, Lisa Lavender, and a bunch of photos showing animal-eared demonstrators.

"Thank you, Cyrillic. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization turned terrorist group has now disrupted..."

The news feed was cut off as a hologram of Glynda Goodwitch replaces it.

"Hello, and welcome to Beacon!"

"Who's that?" Yang questioned.

"My name is Glynda Goodwitch. "

"Oh."

"You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected yo attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsman and Huntresses, it's your duty to uphold it. You have e demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowdhe and training to protect our world," the hologram finishes then disappears.

"Oh, wow! Look. You can see Signal from up here! I guess home isn't too far after all!" Ruby presses up against the glass, looking down at the city below.

"Beacon's our home, now."

The siblings then hear a passenger growing up hunched over nearby, running to the back.

"Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone," Yang says, rolling her eyes.

"It was a nice moment while it lasted."

"Hey, excuse me, but you girls have vomit on your shoes," a boy with spiky black hair came over to inform them of the substance that was on their shoes.

"Gross, gross, gross, gross!" Yang shouted.

"Get-get way! Get away from me! Vet away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!

Timeskip

The ship arrives at its destination. Beacon Academy, a school that trains young men and women to become Huntsman and Huntresses to fight against the great threat known as Grimm.