Volume 1 Prologue

It was a warm spring night. People were out living the nightlife. Most of them were in clubs, others in bars drinking till they collapsed. While most were out having fun, some had different plans.

A group of men were walking through the streets. Most of them wore black suits. However, there was one who wore a white suit and a bowl hat as well as a cane. They were heading in the direction of a shop, From Dust Till Dawn.

As he entered, he took a look at his surroundings. He walked over towards the shopkeeper while also putting out his cigar.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dust shop open this late?" The man with the bowl hat asked.

"P-please! Just take the lien and leave!" the shopkeeper says, putting his trembling hands up.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh, calm down, we're not here for your money," the man says. He then looked over to his henchmen, "Grab the dust."

The henchmen spread out going over towards the tube full of dust using cylinders to extrac0t it.

One of the henchmen was about to go to another tube until he noticed a girl in a hooded red cloak listing to This Will Be The Day.

"Alright kid, put your hands where I can see'em," he demanded of the girl. However, he got no response. He walks over to her and puts his hand on her shoulder. She turns around, dropping her hood. He motions her to remove her headphones.

"Yes?" She asks after removing her headphones.

"I said, put your hands in the air

"Are you...robbing me?"

"Yes!"

"Ohhhh...."

As the man with the bowl hat waited for his men to finish, he heard a shout with one of his henchmen being flung beside him. He saw the girl and motioned for his men to attack her.

"Freeze!" One the men shout.

Outside the henchmen as well as the girl crashed through the window. The other men rushed outside as the girl pulled out a giant mechanical scythe too big for a girl of her size.

"Okayyy... get her!" Bowl hat man shouted at his men.

The henchmen rush towards the girl who, in turn, spins around on the top of scythe, kicking the first one to approach her. She then removes the scythe from the ground and fires it off, hitting another one of the men with the but of her scythe. She fires again, hitting another attacker and then dodging a gunshot. She rushes the man with the gun and with one hit, launches him into the air.

"You were truly worth every cent. Truly, you were. Well red, I think we can all say this was an eventful evening, and as much as I would like to stick around, I'm afraid this is where we part ways." The bowl hat man raises his cane, revealing that it was actually a gun.

He unleases a blast at the girl, who dodges it. When she lands, she notices that the bowl hat man is nowhere to be seen. She looked up and saw that he was climbing the ladders from a nearby building.

"You okay if I go after him?" She asks the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper gives short "Uh huh," and she quickly runs after him. In a second, she was to get up onto the rooftop.

"Hey," she shouts.

"You really are persistent."

The girl readies to fight him till a getaway bullhead rises up and opens it hatch allowing the bowl hat man to get on.

He turns around with a piece of red dust in his hand. He throws it towards her feet and fires at it, creating a large explosion.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho! Huh?" He stops laughing after he noticed two additional people on the roof.