Ayanokouji vs Alain (part 2)

Start from the beginning

My Pokéwatch would say the Malamar is a Dark/Psychic typed Pokémon, which means that, although my Doublade is weak to its typing, I have a move that would be perfect for dealing with Malamar, although the odds of it being a one hit knock out is slim to none, I'd rather keep the rest of my Pokémon as well prepared as possible, also another unignorable fact is that my Doublade's defense is amped up thanks to the Iron Defense I used against Pupitar.

"Doublade, your mission isn't done yet, I hope you can keep up the battle." I asked the Doublade.

The Doublade nodded.

It's weird to think why I'm even asking my Pokémon to stay, am I doing it because I want to keep their happiness, trust and resolve at its highest? Or is it because I'm changing?

"Alright, Malamar, greet the Doublade with a Night Slash."

"How perfect, want to compare attacks Alain? Why didn't you say so! Doublade, Night Slash."

The Doublade and Malamar's attacks would clash and it'd be an even exchange.

Alain would smirk.

"Malamar, let's do it again, Night Slash."

I see what Alain is going for, Night Slash is a move that has an enhanced chance of being a critical hit, so he's taking a gamble on whoever has the more powerful Night Slash.

"Alright Doublade, dodge the Night Slash using Shadow Sneak and then land an Iron Head on the Malamar." I commanded.

Doublade would blink and in the shadows he'd be, dodging the incoming Night Slash attack and going behind Malamar, ready to appear and hit Malamar with an Iron Head."
"Malamar, do a 180 and use Throat Chop!"

Malamar would just simply not even rotate its whole body, but just the head and then use one of its many tentacles to form a knife hand strike with its hand, surrounded with dark energy.

The chop would be a lot more powerful than I thought, although I wouldn't say that Doublade was weak, because the Throat Chop would make an impact with sparks, seriously?

On an unrelated note, a certain few of my classmates could use a Throat Chop, as it's a move that prevents the hit Pokémon from using sound-based attacks.

Yamauchi, Ike and Shinohara would sneeze in the stands.

The defense stat will be useless in a critical strike and it's a super effective move as well, unlike the earlier Rock Tomb attacks from Pupitar.

Doublade would float once again.

"Doublade, use Fury Cutter." I commanded.

It's finally time to get the 4x super effective move rolling, it can tank the first few, but if it takes a hit from a fully powered Fury Cutter, then Malamar should stand no chance.

"Malamar, don't let Doublade stack Fury Cutter, use Night Slash!"

The two attacks would connect, but Night Slash would unfortunately be a critical hit, so Doublade's attack was most definitely weaker, as he was sent flying, but would be able to stop in the middle of the air at one point.

"Keep up the Fury Cutters Doublade, at one point not even a critical strike can save Malamar!"

"Malamar, keep the fire going, Night Slash!"

The two attacks would collide again, yet again another critical, Doublade would be sent back slightly further this time, as its durability is at its lowest.

"Doublade, you're not done yet, Fury Cutter!"

"Every critical hit is a 7, Malamar, we're one off the jackpot 777, Night Slash!" commanded Alain.