Genin Days (5): Kakashi vs Zabuza

Sarah watched alongside her teammates as Kakashi went up against Zabuza. Sword against kunai, multiple jutsus being used, and Kakashi trying to track him down with his Sharingan.

     Sharingan, the dojutsu used by members of the Uchiha clan. Sarah was aware her teammate Sasuke possessed it, but why did her sensei also have it? Was he secretly an Uchiha? Did he obtain the eye by illegal means? So many questions were flooding through her head right now.

      What Sarah did know though is that Zabuza is targeting their client Tazuna. Sarah also knew her idiot teammates would hop into battle the first chance they got so it was up to her to protect Tazuna.

     Pulling out a small scroll from her pouch, Sarah summoned a few things she would use for a simple trap. It would be risky though since she couldn't exactly pinpoint Zabuza's location (due to the mist occluding her vision), but she knew he had to be in the general area.

     Sarah stuck a tag on Tazuna's chest, "Tap on it if he comes close to you."

     Tazuna nodded.

     Sasuke watched his female teammate cautiously. He didn't know what she was planning on doing. Was she setting up a trap of some sort?

     Naruto was engaged in the fight, watching Kakashi and Zabuza exchange blows. He was completely unaware of his teammates plan.

     Zabuza suddenly appeared behind Tazuna, prepared to cut him in half. Tazuna pressed the seal on his chest, a burst of light admitting from it. The light blinded everyone around him; Sarah smirked as she saw Kakashi stabbing Zabuza in the back with a kunai.

     The water clone of Zabuza evaporated, revealing the ninja to be behind Kakashi preparing to strike.

     Sarah made a few mock hand signs, "Garden of Eden!"

     Vines started surrounding Kakashi, protecting him as the remaining ones started to attack Zabuza. Sarah channeled a good bit of her mana into her attack, hoping that the trap would be good enough to throw Zabuza off while Kakashi came up with a plan.

.
.
.

     She can't use chakra like all the other ninjas; Sarah knew that when she tried to do a basic jutsu her first day in the academy. Chakra and Mana were similar but different in many ways; both required energy but had different hand signs and techniques to it. If she were to try and make a clone, her mana wouldn't allow her to do such a thing. On the other hand if she were to channel her mana into her seals then it could lead to a potentially devastating attack.

     What would've been her weakness in this world turned out to be one of her biggest strengths. She was unpredictable, a wildcard in nature. It's what always gives her an edge in battle.

     Sarah refused to be a damsel in distress. She's determined to become the strongest ninja this world has ever seen.

     If it means potentially giving up her humanity in the process, then that's a sacrifice she's willing to make.

.
.
.

     "Sensei, behind you!" Naruto cried out as he watched Kakashi get cut in half by Zabuzas sword.

     Zabuza's eyes widened as he realized that Kakashi had copied his jutsu. Kakashi appeared behind Zabuza, holding a kunai up to his neck. Sarah was lucky enough she had worn the man out a bit with her attack, but she knew that he wasn't called an S-rank ninja for nothing.