"We didn't—" Nneka began, but Javi seemed too in control, so she stayed quite.

She watched as he looked out the window seeing the hazy reflection. How you could hear the rain drops hit the window, setting the mood.

"It's pretty..." she said. "The rain...it's pretty."
Javi turned to her. His head titled and a small smile creeping up that he bit his lip to hide it. "You're pretty."

"Huh..." She didn't hear.

"Like the rain, you're pretty. And like the ocean...quite mysterious." He leaned closer. "Tell me, why don't you want this?"

Nneka felt compelled to watch him. Take in everything about his face, his body. From his brown eyes that fluttered showing his long lashes, to the mole under his eye, to his plumped kissable lips, and to the shape of his online muscles in that sweater.

She thought it was purely sexual attraction, but she found them all to be her type. Beautiful man, falling in love with her, wanting her, seeming to fight for her devotion.

"Because it's weird." She finally said. "I don't know, maybe I'm hard drive to fall in love with 1 person and 1 person only."

Javi nodded. "But you can fall in love more than once."

"Yeah but—"

He titled his head squinting at her. "What are you afraid off?"

"Are we going to work through my childhood trauma on our first date?" She asked. Her tone was jokey, but she was serious.

Javi shook his head. "Don't worry, that's what ice cream is for."

"We're getting ice cream?" Nneka asked. 

He nodded, "do you want ice cream?"

She grinned. "Absolutely."

The food was placed in front of them not a moment later. It was already being prepared moments before they sat down.

Various of sea food dishes from seafood noodles, to her things she's never tried. Normally she was a picky eater, but this time, she was ready to explore.

Besides, if it wasn't good they were going to get ice cream, so it would all worked out in the end.

Javi watched her eat, most of the time. Her smile as she took each bite of her noddles. The way her face would light up when she found a clam, a mussel, honestly anything. She was too happy, and he liked that.

Just spending time with her was enough, but he thought about it.

Javi already knew how this was going to play. But the thing about the future is that ever single decision you enact has the power to change it.

So whether or not it goes exactly as it was made out for him to believe, they're will always be infinite amount of futures. Branches of yes and no and maybe so...they all exist.

So sitting there watching her be happy, made him happy. Made him question fate or destiny.

A part of him wanted to throw it all to chance. To see what would happen if he actually tried.

Would the ending change?

He didn't know, but suddenly...meeting her, being in her presents...seeing her be happy.

He wanted to.

He laughed at the thought.

Nneka looked up at him, a strain of noddles hanging out her mouth thats eh was about to slup, yet too slow.

Quickly he stood up, leaned into her inches from her face, pressed his lips on hers and took her strain of noodle.

He quickly sat down, seeing the fluster, heated face of hers.

He chewed that tiny bit in his mouth, and looked down at his place of scallions.

"Tasty, I think I'll get that next time."

She blinked. "um...yeah." She choked.

He chuckled then smiled at her, and he saw it. The smile forming on the corner of her mouth.

It made him reevaluate a lot of things. The stories final ending, the ending for all they're lives together. That maybe just maybe this was different. That he had a chance. That regardless of how they're past life had ended, this could be the one.

There happy ending.

But then, it could be the same thing...

And in their case...death. 

----

Comment, like, share