Chapter 18: "Must you be so crude?"

Caroline and Yvette had been looking for spells for about two hours now. Well, Caroline had been bringing spell books and Yvette had been glancing through them and yelling something along the lines of, 'useless', 'ridiculous', 'NO!', 'This isn't even a grimoire' and 'shamefully egregious for a Bennett witch.'

"Ok Yvette," Caroline began after her last complaint, going to sit beside her legs, "I know you just want to find a good spell book or whatever, but this tactic we're using is not very productive."

She stood up, unintentionally pressing down on Yvette's left leg as she did so and was about to get another grimoire when Yvette spoke.

"Ow!" She exclaimed instinctively before her eyes widened and so did Caroline's. "OW?" They both yelled in unison when Yvette jumped out of the bed. "My legs have regained feeling!"

"Oh my God, yay!" Caroline yelled back. "So now that we have a fully functioning Yvette, what're we going to do?"

Yvette smirked. "Get me my phone, we're getting the moonstone back."

Caroline nodded, giving Yvette her phone. "Here it is," she told her with a smile.

"It's dead." Yvette sighed, grinding her teeth slightly.

Caroline's eyebrows rose and she bit her lip. "Well, that's not ideal."

"Oui, sans blague, Sherlock," Yvette told her, words laced in sarcasm. (No kidding, Sherlock)

Caroline chuckled. "Ok, I don't have to understand French to know you just said, 'No shit, Sherlock'."

"That's what I meant, yes." Yvette told her tersely.

"So, what do we do now?" Caroline asked the older woman.

Yvette sighed. "We find a grimoire. Isla Bennett's would be a good fit as of this moment, she always wanted to be alone," Yvette told Caroline. "I believe one time she put a spell on the entire town so no single soul would be awake until she finished writing her first grimoire."

Caroline chuckled and widened her eyes in curiosity. "How long did THAT take?"

"Well... about six months," Yvette told her mind it was nothing.

"No freaking way!" Caroline exclaimed. "What happened when the spell wore off?"

Yvette chuckled. "Lord knows, Isla was long gone by then. It was a smart choice, I'd have killed her."

"Really?" Caroline asked, eyebrows furrowing in curiosity.

"Well, I'd have tried."

Caroline chuckled before she became serious again. "So you look for Isla Bennett's grimoire and I'll go charge your phone."

"Since when did you give the orders?" Yvette asked, folding her arms, slightly amused.

Caroline rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "Oh, I'm sorry, do you know where Bonnie keeps her chargers?" Caroline asked, slightly challenging the spectramorph, but her voice was humorous.

"Alright then," Yvette told Caroline, a smirk on her face, "go get the charger."

"Oh please," Caroline started, unimpressed, "you just wanted to give the command, but it was my plan and you know it."

Yvette rolled her eyes as Caroline left.

"See, you're speechless cause you know I'm right!" She called out from upstairs.

Yvette chuckled once more. "Focus on your task, you nuisance!"

"I'm still rightttt," Caroline singsonged.