chapter 5 • SELF APPOINTED LEADERS

PERCYS POV

PERCYS POV

✧.*

As Grover and I walked across the grass field, we discovered Annabeth having a passionate one to one with a tree? Personally, I think she's lost it, but hey, who am I to judge.

Next to the tree was a confused Victoria, she looked uncomfortable as she awkwardly looked away, then she noticed us and approached us.

"Are you ready?"

She asked me and Grover nodded and we turned to Annabeth.

"she really going to miss this tree."

Grover sighed, "When Annabeth arrived here with Thalia and Luke, they were being chased by monsters, Thalia turned to fight to buy them more time so at the last moment, Zeus intervened to save her life and change form."

My eyes narrowed. "The strongest being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life was to turn her into a tree?"

Annabeth interrupted

"she was the bravest demigod I ever knew, she fought valiantly and she met a hero's fate." She fought back.

"She met a pinecones fate."

Grover looked at me seriously while Victoria looked around to wipe away the smile that was forming on her lips.

Annabeth face hardened

"forbidden children are always in danger even the strongest ones, even Thalia , and you are not Thalia, do as I say and maybe you'll survive this, are we clear."

She started to go before I could reply.

"Does she think she is in in charge?" I mean, it was my quest.

"Who do you did you think would be in charge?" "I don't know I thought we'd do a show of hands or something."

"Miss Bossy here wouldn't allow her fate to be in the hands of an anyone other than herself." Spoke Victoria.

"Miss bossy?" I asked

As we stood there, waiting for her reply, I couldn't shake the feeling that Victoria was in her own little world.

When I asked her a question, she seemed to zone out, tilting her head and gazing at the grass beneath her feet.

Instinctively, I snapped my fingers in front of her face, hoping to bring her back to reality, but Grover quickly intervened, pulling me back.

"Don't do that," he whispered, shooting me a warning glance. "It could startle her."

Confused, I turned to Grover, who gently placed a hand on Victoria's shoulder. "Hey Vicky, you okay?" he asked, his voice soft and reassuring.

Victoria blinked and looked up at him, nodding silently. Without saying a word, she walked past us, falling into step behind Annabeth as she continued on her path.

I exchanged a puzzled glance with Grover, wondering what could be troubling her. But for now, all we could do was follow along and hope she'd open up when she was ready.

"I don't think she likes me." I told Grover whispering to him quietly.

Observing her follow Annabeth, I say.

"I'm sure she does."

Grover gave me a pat on the back and we started to walk trailing behind them.