chapter 1 • IS HE DEAD?

NARRATORS POV

⋆.˚ ☾ .⭒˚

Percy felt a hand shove him from behind, sending him sprawling onto the ground. Looking up, he saw Nancy, his bully, sneering down at him.

"Watch where you're going, loser!" she spat before strutting off clearly pleased with herself.

Before Percy could pick himself up, he heard a voice, "Well, that looked like a graceful fall, Percy. Almost like you were trying out for the Olympics."

Startled, Percy glanced up to see a brunette  girl leaning against the doorway of a nearby room, a playful smile on her lips.

"Not now, Victoria," Percy muttered, attempting to push himself up.

But Victoria was already by his side, pulling him to his feet and leading him into her room. "Oh, don't be so grumpy, Percy. It's not like you were enjoying lying on the floor."

Victoria helped him clean his wounds, as she spoke to herself, mumbling about how bad they let bullying het at Yancy and how ridiculous it was.

"You know, Percy," she said, more softly this time, "you don't deserve to be treated like this. No one does."

Percy smiled at her weakly.

"Honestly, Percy, you're lucky I'm here to save you. I'm practically a superhero." She looked up at him trying to lighten the mood.

Percy grinned, feeling a warmth in his heart. "Well, I'm glad you helped me, Victoria. You're the best."

She blushed slightly at the compliment, but quickly masked it with a playful smirk.

Percy was going to say it was Nancy that had pushed him, but he figured she didn't need 2 broken noses in the span of 3 months.

Percy then noticed cut on Victoria's hand, he reached for the box of plasters she had been using for him.

"Hey, you've got a cut too," Percy pointed out, gently taking her hand in his.

Victoria looked down at her hand, surprised. "Oh, I didn't even notice that."

Without hesitation, Victoria took the last plaster from the box and insisted, "Here, let me help you."

Percy hesitated, realizing she was using the last plaster on him. "But what about you?"

Victoria shook her head with a small smile. "I'll be fine. You need it more than I do."