chapter 2 • YOU DONT KNOW ME

PERCYS POV 

PERCYS POV 

✧.*

I had fainted a second time and woken up again. Grover, sitting nervously at the bedside.

The room was the same as before, but it was less dismal and black. The pain was still there, but most of it had subsided.

Grover whispered, "It's okay, you're safe," as the blonde grew accustomed to the intense light filling the space.

Percy turned his attention to the horn, which had been used to kill the monster that had been lying flat on the table.

The blonde said in shock, "It really happened." "I wanted everyone to know that killing a monster of that kind is a big deal," Grover began, but Percy interrupted, asking, "Did you see what happened to my mom?"

The room was silent for a moment before Grover spoke. "I did.. I sorry," expressing obvious anger at the whole thing.

Percy averted his gaze from Grover. "My job was to protect you, to get you here safely...maybe if I told you the truth a little sooner your mum would still be here-"

In an attempt to come to terms with his mother's passing, Percy pleaded,

"Please stop."

I want to talk about it, even though I know it's not easy," the Grover said.

"I don't."

Percy shot back, getting up off the bed. The blonde put on his trousers and approached Grover, telling him it wasn't his fault and that his work was done.

"Your job was to get me here alive."

Where are you going?" Grover questioned quietly. Percy came to a standstill, keeping his back to the door. The blonde continued,

"My father is a god, so it was really important that I get here. I'm going to go find him,"
as he closed the door behind him.

"Yeah but it's not that simple-" the saytr answered, withdrawing to his own thoughts.

VICTORIAS POV

✧.*

I watched the kid, Percy, who Chiron had ordered me to keep an eye on for months, arrive at camp.

It seemed impossible for a 12-year-old with no prior expertise to kill such a dangerous and violent beast, yet he managed to do so, according to rumours spread by fellow campers.