Chapter 8: Alicent

I walk into the studio at 7:55pm. I think to myself, "Good, I'm early, Valentino won't have a reason to be mad now." I look around. "Where is everyone?" "HELLO!" I yell. The next thing I know, the lights turn on and Vox is sitting on the couch. "Come have a seat, my dear. Val will be here in a moment." Hesitantly, I walk over to the couch and have a seat. I look at him, my heart pounding. What is this about? What does he want? In the several years I have worked here, this has never happened.

"Val told me you moved to the hotel, have you met anyone interesting yet?" He asks. I respond, "Well, I have met everyone who is staying at the hotel, if that's what you are asking." Vox looks at me and smiles. "So, you met Alastor as well, I am assuming?" I answer, "Yes, but why does that matter?" His screen glitches, revealing red streaks coming down his screen out of his mouth, resembling blood, kind of like Val when he gets mad.

"Do you know what he is doing down at the hotel? What is his reasoning for wanting to 'help' the princess with her dumb idea?" He puts his hand on my leg as a way to help me feel like I can trust him but it is not working. I back up from him. I say with a nervous tone, "Um no, the only person I've really talked to is Angel, and all I know is what he knows."

Vox takes a deep breath, his screen glitches again and says, "Well, what would you say if I were to offer you some money to help gain information on Alastor. You are already living there, all you would have to do is continue on with your normal life and come talk with me about it when you come to work. It's simple, and you get more money." Shocked by this offer, I stand up and say, "No, absolutely not. I am not spying on Alastor just because you can't stand him. I just moved there today, and I moved to get away from this type of lifestyle and improve my life. I'm not gonna throw it all away just so I can make more money and you can get your dick hard."

He stands up, his screen glitches again. "What did you say?" I answer, "Don't act like we haven't noticed you being in love with Alastor! That's why you can't stand him normally, you wanted him, he rejected you, and you got pissy. Since then, all you have wanted was to crush him like he crushed you. But like I said, I'm not going to spy on Alastor for you and tell you everything he does just so you can get your dick hard." He slaps me on the face and shoves me to the ground.

It is about time Valentino comes in. "VOX!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY STUDIO!" Val yells. He responds, "Val, I just needed to have a chat with our employee." "Vox, I already told you not to bother her about Alastor. There is nothing we can do about it. She is not bound by a contract, and I don't want to risk doing something that causes her to quit and I lose one of my best performers. Velvette agrees; she told you she didn't want to lose her best model," says Val.

Val comes over to me and sees the mark on my face from where he slapped me. He turns and looks at Vox. "You slapped her?" Vox shrugs and says, "She was being confrontational; I had to remind her who was in charge." Val responds, "And her being my employee means I am in charge of her, not you. She is not your employee; she doesn't work for you."

Vox turns his back to Val to pour a drink. "Well, at least now she should know better than to talk to an overlord like that." I try to stand up and realize my ankle is in a lot of pain; I must have landed on it when I was pushed to the ground. I wince at the pain. Val turns and looks at Vox again. "Great. I could put some makeup on her and cover up the mark on her face. What am I supposed to do about this? She can't walk? I needed to shoot a video today, and now I can't thanks to you!"

Vox shrugs, not really caring. Val looks back at me and says, "You can go, Alicent. Let me know when your foot is healed, then get your ass back in this studio. I can't afford for you to have an injury, but I don't have much of a choice." As I start to limp away, Val walks over to Vox and says, "Next time you pull a stunt like this, I need to be there so you don't make another idiotic decision like hurting my star performer.

Now, I am going to call Angel. I have to shoot something tonight." I limp outside and sit on a bench. Angel comes up shortly after that. He comes and sits by me, "What happened to you?" He says. "Oh, Vox wanted me to do something for him, and I refused, so he got mad and slapped me, then pushed me on the ground. You know, just a normal day of working for the Vees," I say, smiling, but there is no happiness behind it. "Can you walk?" I shake my head and say "barely." "Here let me text the group and see if someone can pick you up." As Angel says this, Alastor walks up, "done already? That was quick, thought the moth would keep you longer." He pauses and sees my face, "What happened? Did Val slap you?" He looks at Angel, and Angel says, "Uh, I should probably go inside, I'm sure Val is already mad, no point is pissing him off even more. By the way, she can't walk, her ankle is injured." "Angel!" I say.

"What, I thought it would be better to tell him than for him to try to get you to walk when you can't. I'll come check on you when I get back," Angel says, and the door closes behind him. Alastor looks back at me and says, "Now are you going to answer my question?" "Oh, no, it wasn't Val, it was Vox. He wanted me to spy on you, and when I told him no, he slapped me and threw me on the ground, and I landed on my ankle. He looked surprised when I told him this, but the look of surprise quickly shifted to anger, despite the smile that never leaves his face. Then suddenly he picks me up. "Well, no use staying here all night, let's go back to the hotel." He walks back the way we came.

"So... how did you get back to the studio so quickly? Did you not go back to the hotel?" I say. Alastor looks at me and says, "Well, my dear, I figured you would need help getting back to the hotel quickly since it would be late, so I decided to stick around and wait until you were done so I could walk back with you." I reply, "Oh, thank you, Alastor," then wrap my arms around his neck and hug him as a way to say thank you for his kindness. When I do this, something weird happens. The embrace feels all too familiar to me, but I don't understand why. I felt safe and secure, I almost didn't want to let go. I release my hug and look at him and smile. We talk some more on the way back to the hotel, it was nice that he was actually speaking to me instead of ignoring me. It also felt weird that I was literally being carried by the most powerful overlord back to the Hazbin Hotel.

When we arrive we go in, and he goes to the elevator, then when we get off on our floor he goes to my room and opens the door and sets me on the bed. "I'm sorry that happened to you tonight, get some rest I'll check on you in the morning." Butterflies immediately fill my stomach at hearing these sweet words come out of his mouth. He pats me on the head, "Goodnight, my dear." The butterflies are rioting as he leaves and closes the door behind him.