Chapter 1: The Backstory part 1

Alicent was always a sweet, but shy girl. She loved her family and her friends, especially her best friend Alastor. They had grown up together, and over the years, their friendship flourished. When they both turned 16, their feelings for each other began to shift into something more than just friends, but neither of them dared say anything. They both feared their feelings would not be reciprocated, and they would lose their each other, so secretly in their heads, they both made the decision to keep how they felt hidden from each other.

As time went on, they graduated high school and started going to college. She would major in performing arts, some say she had the voice of an angel, and he wanted to be a radio host. Alicent's senior year came along, and her friendship with Alastor stayed strong. He had already accomplished his dream of becoming a radio host, and she would soon accomplish hers.

One day, Alastor had the idea to take Alicent on a picnic in the woods. They had a special spot where they would always go to when they wanted to escape the world for a bit, but this was the first time he had asked to do something like this with her. Butterflies formed in her stomach, but she just tried to ignore them because she had convinced herself that, despite secretly being madly in love with him, there was no true meaning behind it, just a picnic between friends.

While at the picnic, they ate, talked, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company. Alicent had decided to dust her dress off because some leaves from the trees above had fallen on her. When she stood up, so did he. "Alicent," he said as he took her hand. He had never done anything like this, her stomach felt like it was doing somersaults, she was confused, what was he doing. Her heart began to pound.

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you, but I've never had the courage to tell you." Her heart was beating so hard as she filled with anxiety, not really sure what he was about to say or do. "I... uh... I..." he stammered. Then before either of them had time to think, he kissed her. She could feel the electricity from it surging through her body. She had wanted this for so long, she could almost melt.

But then the anxiety set in. The one thing she feared would happen, almost felt like it was inevitably going to happen now, she broke away from the kiss, released his hand, looked him in the eyes as fearful tears filled hers. She whispered the words "I'm sorry" It was all she could think to say because she was still in shock from what had just happened. Then without even thinking she ran away through the woods crying, she loved him very much but still couldn't bring herself to tell him and was embarrassed. She was scared if she did tell him, there would be a chance it wouldn't work out and if they were to break up he wouldn't want to be her friend anymore.

She continued to run, she could barely see through the tears in her eyes. Because she couldn't see, she didn't realize she was about to run off a cliff into a ravine. She kept running until she felt her foot hit the edge of the cliff. She tripped and fell off the cliff and came crashing down into the ravine where she would meet her eternal fate.