Chapter 2: The Backstory Part 2

Alastor was a kind young man, a gentleman with an old soul, and he loved his momma more than anyone. The only person he loved just as much as his momma was his best friend, Alicent. They had been friends their whole lives, and when they were teenagers, they fell in love. But neither of them dared to tell each other how they truly felt. Alicent started college, and he started his radio broadcast for a local station. The show consisted of local news stories, mostly happy ones because he liked to bring hope to the people of their town, he played music, and even brought on special guests. They were both accomplishing their dreams, and still were inseparable best friends.

One day Alastor finally decided to get up the courage to tell Alicent how he really felt, but he wanted it to be special. The reason he hadn't said anything before was that he didn't want to lose his best friend. He had planned a picnic for them, and they were to go to their special spot out in the woods where they went to escape the craziness of the life around them. At the picnic, they talked and laughed, and enjoyed each other's company. Leaves were knocked from the trees by the winds and fell on them; they both laughed and stood up. He took Alicent's hand and thought to himself it's now or never then as he tried to speak he couldn't form the right words so he trusted his heart and kissed her, the kiss was electric. He was certain that the electricity that was surging between them meant that she felt the same way. Then she suddenly pulled away.

Shocked by the response he received, he looked at her confused, and before he could say anything, whispered words "I'm sorry" fell from her lips and she ran away. Taken aback by the rejection he just faced, he sat back down to try to process what had just happened. His heart was shattered, and like a switch being flipped, his heart filled with anger, and longing. The feelings he felt suddenly became numb; he sat there and started to laugh uncontrollably putting his hand on his head. If someone were to have seen him, they would have thought he was going insane, which wouldn't have been wrong.

The rejection set off something in his brain that changed his whole personality almost like a trigger being pulled, and before long, people in the town would notice. He never saw Alicent again; it seemed like she had run away from home altogether after she rejected him. He had wondered what happened to Alicent because despite his efforts to push away how he felt for her, they never went away. As time passed he became very cold and hostile. His radio show only consisted of news of death and war. He never invited anyone to come on, and he only ever played sad or dark music. He was rude and took pleasure in seeing other people suffer like he had been suffering inside!

One day someone wronged him and he snapped and killed them... still not satisfied he thought it would be even better torture if he ate the body, at least then it would be harder to find. This became something that happened more and more because the more he did it, the easier it was for him. When he had finished, he would take the bones back to the spot where he got rejected and bury them; the spot that used to be a special place for him was now a graveyard full of bones. After he killed someone he would wait till people started to notice someone was missing and broadcast about how another person had suddenly disappeared. This continued until one day early in the morning before the sun was up he was burying another victim's bones when a hunter saw his movement from a distance and thought he was a deer. He shot him with one fatal shot which sent him to his eternal demise.