Chapter 4: A Robotic Companion

Alex was about to keep going, but then he noticed something interesting on the warbot production line.

[Tomorrow City theme from "Epic Mickey" Pauses]

[Play "Warbot Factory and Clank's Birth and Escape" from the "Ratchet & Clank Movie"]

It looked like a robot that looked like Clank from the "Ratchet & Clank" games.

Each robot was inspected as they were each given a laser pistol.

Inspection Robot: Warbot Inspection: state your prime objective.

Warbot: Prime Objective: Destroy all of the Pro-Heroes.

Inspection Robot: Inspection passed.

Down with the robot, he was given orders to eliminate the Pro-Heroes. But he had other plans, as he had no intention of helping villains. The Inspection Robot kept going, not noticing the defect.

The data poured into the defect, showing him various Pro-Heroes, and Locations. Before it gave him one last location, the U.A. University.

Warbot AI: TARGET ACQUIRED!

The Defect's Eyes were glowing red, until he rubbed them and they became green. This showed that he was independent unlike the rest of his fellow robots.

??: Oh my...

The Inspection Robot still didn't noticed the defect. Until it did.

Inspection Robot: State your prime objective.

Warbot: Destroy all of the Pro-Heroes.

Inspection Robot: State your prime objective.

Warbot: Destroy all of the Pro-Heroes.

Inspection Robot: State your prime ob--

Before the inspection robot could finish, it saw no robot, so it looked around until it heard something.

??: Hmmm.

The Inspection Robot looked down and saw who it was.

??: Hello.

The robot waved at the inspection robot but it the Inspection Robot had other plans instead of being friendly, as it scanned the robot before saying:

Inspection Robot: Defect detected. Preparing for immediate destruction, in three... two... Hey! Wait!

The defective warbot made a break for it. While the Inspection Robot tried to stop him. However, there was nothing it could do, as it was mounted in place.

??: Oh. A defect.

A mysterious person spoke before another person arrived.

??: Go play Rappa.

The villain known as Rappa went after the defective warbot, but he was too slow as the defective warbot was carried away by Alex who snuck in and helped him escape.

Alex had to get out of the factory before the villain known as Rappa finds him and the defect.

Rappa: Where are you Defect!?

Alex had to move quickly, he then managed to trick Rappa into thinking the Defect was escaping when in reality, he managed to hide him.

["Warbot Factory and Clank's Birth and Escape" from the "Ratchet & Clank Movie" Ends]

[Tomorrow City theme from "Epic Mickey" Continues]

Alex: Hey. Are you okay?

??: I am... fine. Who are you?

Alex: My name is Alex. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm clearly not safe here.

The robot hummed, curious about why someone would try to help him.

??: Is there any reason why you helped me?

Alex nodded and said:

Alex: I woke up in this strange room, I'm looking for my sisters and cousins. I need a bit of help. I have an idea on how I can defend myself. There's an Armory I'm trying to get to, but there's a lot of security along the way. Think you can help me get to the Armory?

The robot thought about it for a bit, it was risky, but it seemed like the best bet for both him and Alex to escape, is to work together.

??: Very well then Alex. Allow me to introduce myself. I am: Robot Designation: XJ-04261 and Warbot Defect Serial Number: B5429671.

Alex knew saying either of those names would be too tricky, so he had an idea.

Alex: Maybe I should just call you "Clank", you kind of remind me of a robot character that goes by that name.

Alex then told Clank about the "Ratchet & Clank" series which he had gained somewhat of an understanding about.

Clank: Hmmm. Clank it is then.

The two were about to leave when another robot, that looked like Clank appeared. It then got the duo's attention.

??: Um... excuse me? Can you help me too?

Alex and Clank looked at the robot before they answered it.

Alex: Uh... sure, I guess. My name is Alex, this is Clank *gestures to Clank* Uh... what's your name?

As Clank waved at the other Robot, she was confused before saying:

??: My name? Well... My name is KT-74621. I was made to be a warbot but I went against my orders to become independent. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Alex: Huh... just like Clank... How about I'll call you "Kit" as you look just like a robot character that has that name.

Alex explained to Kit about the "Ratchet & Clank" game series just like with Clank. Kit gained somewhat of an understanding of what Alex was talking about.

Kit: Kit it is then.

The three now left the factory area and proceeded to the Armory. They had to be careful so that they didn't get caught by the robot guards. They had quite a ways to go to get the Armory.