Chapter 2: A Strange Awakening

Alex's plan was soon underway. Mysterious figures had entered the lab and entered the code to release Alex and disable the alarms, but they had to leave as someone was coming and they didn't have time to press the release button.

Turns out two police officers were sent to the location in question to investigate any suspicious activity. The two knew that it was a villain base, but needed to prove it.

??: Well? How's that lock coming?

??: This is one tough nut to crack... But I'm almost there.

??: Well hurry up Robin. We don't have all day.

Robin: Settle down Mick. We can't be too hasty.

Mick: Right. Otherwise the villains could find out the police are here and try to escape. Plus we need to find whoever had sent us that distress signal. We've already search most of this place but we couldn't find who sent the signal.

Robin: Yes! Got it! We're in.

[Play Tomorrow City theme from "Epic Mickey"]

Here is a Link:

(A/N: This Mashup is my favorite version of the Tomorrow City theme)

The two were revealed to be police officers, as mentioned.

Mick: ...Not again! It looks like this isn't it either. I was hoping we'd find t on the first try, and show it off to the guys back at the station.

Officer Mick was hoping to find the person who called the police so that he and his partner could get credit for rescuing someone. Officer Robin saw something rather interesting in a tank.

Robin: Hey! There's something in there!

The two officers got closer to the tank and they saw someone inside it.

Robin: What the...!?

(A/N: This is like what they saw or found and imagine the pictures were the same)

Mick: ...A Human Reploid kid? No way! He looks about 18 years old too. What's it doing here?

Officer Mick went to get a closer look only for Officer Robin to stop him. But not before Officer Mick snapped a photo of Alex in the tank.

Robin: Hey, don't touch it! If you trip the security, we'll have bad guys crawling all over us.

But it was too late as an alarm went off. A fire fight ensued as the two police officers fought off robot guards. But they were soon hit by a laser blast, both of them looked like they had died, while one had hit the release button for the tank while another hit the tank itself damaging it slightly, a crack formed and liquid in the tank started leaking. The machine detected the damage and immediately started to drain the fluid in the tank. Thankfully the release button disable the alarms as the robots were already defeated, but said robots tried to land one last hit on the two cops which they did. The remaining robots left, but they didn't notice the tank Alex was in had drained. Unbeknownst to the robots, the two police officers weren't dead, they were unconscious or out cold. A platform soon rose up from the bottom as two plugs suspending Alex became unplugged. The platform lowered Alex down gently using special anti-gravity devices, before deactivating and dropping Alex onto the floor. Alex soon woke up, he breathed heavily as his eyes went from red to blue, indicating that he was being mind controlled at some point.