Chapter 3: Being Human

You and Penny flew through Harmony.

Penny: "This is amazing!"

"I bet flying around Atlas was pretty nice as well."

Penny: "Mantle as well. Hey, want to sit down somewhere?"

"Yeah. I know a place. Follow me."

You directed Penny to a building that has an area with folded-up chairs and books.

"Take a seat."

Penny sat down.

Penny: "Everything has changed. Harmony makes Atlas and Mantle look like towns you find in the countryside."

"How was Atlas? The only information I've found is in the books and records of what happened before the Flood."

Penny: "Oh, well. It wasn't as perfect as those in Atlas try to make it out to be. Atlas replaced Mantle years ago before the new war and everything started to be under the control of Atlas Military. Even the council."

"So it was essentially a military state?"

Penny: "I'd be lying if I said it wasn't like that. But for a time, it was where most of Remnant's technological advances came from."

"I bet. Then 300 years passed and everything became much more advanced."

Penny: "I know. And I don't mean to sound creepy or invade your privacy, but your body seems to have parts that replaced most of your vital organs, but some are still organic."

"Yeah, Mom had to replace most of the parts that were too far gone. But some still could remain."

Penny: "What happened?"

"There was an explosion during my first mission as a student."

Penny: "Oh, you were trying to be a Huntsman? And does Kohaku want to be a Huntress?"

"We use the term 'Hunter' now. It's shorter and seems more straight to the point."

Penny: "Got it. So, you were learning with others to become Hunters? Wow, that is a time saver."

"Yeah. One lesson I learned during that accident is that things don't always go according to plan. And I know this sounds unhealthy, but I owe Mom everything for saving me."

Penny: "While that does imply a psych-eval is required, I get what you're saying. I owe my father, Pietro Polendina, for creating me. Just as I owe Ruby Rose and her friends for showing me that I am human even though I'm a machine."

"In my experience, human is more than just flesh and blood. It's your actions and your beliefs."

Penny: "Those are pretty wise words."

"Don't expect any more for a long time."

Penny: "I know. Ruby and the others would've loved you."

"I think Ruby is my favorite out of all of them," you said as you pulled out the "RWBY" book. "It's why I read this book constantly."

Penny: "Can I read it? I want to know what they came across while I wasn't there."

"Sure thing, Penny."

You handed Penny the book and she began to read it.