08, a rich kid's infiltration

❝i think we're like fire and wateri think we're like the wind and seayou're burnin' up, i'm coolin' down❞

i think we're like the wind and sea
you're burnin' up, i'm coolin' down❞

-brooklyn baby, lana del rey

chapter eight, A RICH KID'S INFILTRATION

 "Shit" Talia Anderson peeled her eyes open and instantly regretted it. The bright sun burned her eyes and her head pounded. After a moment of pain, she finally remembered what woke her up. The girl turned, finding JJ Maybank on the ground.

"shut up" The girl groaned, ignoring the broken hammock underneath him.

"get up miss kook, boot camp day two" Talia glared at JJ before he could say anything else.

"JJ, I thought I told you what I thought about that" The girl let out, ignoring his attempts to grab her arm to pull her along with him.

"boo hoo" He mocked, shaking his hair out. Talia shook her head as the memories of the night prior flooded in.

"boo hoo ya big baby" JJ flipped Kiara off when she suggested they just go to bed because she was tired.

Talia saw it as good a time as any to grab the bottle from her bag. The girl barely had it to her lips before the smell made her stomach turn. The brunette breathed out before attempting to take a long sip, cringing immediately.

"Woah, bit advanced for pogue bootcamp champ" JJ whistled, walking over and checking out the bottle the girl was holding.

"Whatever, it was the first thing I saw in the cabinet that my mother wouldn't notice missing."

"Okay, theft. Yeah, so this definitely puts you ahead in pogue boot camp" The kook girl glared at the insufferable blonde until he held his hands up.

"JJ, I don't want to be in pogue boot camp," Talia Anderson reiterated, taking her bottle back and taking a sip. The faster she was drunk, the faster she was numb and therefore the faster she'd forget her problems.

"Anderson, you are already in it"

"is she drinking?" John B looked to Kiara with a scoff, ignoring the girl he was speaking about.

"what the actual fuck is your issue" Talia glared at him and he shook his head.

"you"

"Just go to bed John B, we'll sleep on the hammocks" Kiara shooed him away and after a second or two of hesitation, he turned around.

"I think he has a stick up his ass, the only reason he'd be such a cunt" Talia let out, saying the cunt part louder so she was sure he would hear it. He looked up briefly and flipped the girl off before moving the firewood and heading inside.