Chapter 17

I wake up tied to a hospital bed. I ache all over. I'm in a room of mirrors so I can see that I have been well taken care of. My head and brow has been stitched up as well as my other flesh wounds. I have clean bandages on and a new bright pink cast. Bright pink? A familiar face walks in. Rosalie. I try to speak but my words are muffled by a gag that I had not noticed before. "I know what you're thinking Royce. This all had to happen for the greater good." She gives me a wink and wheels me out of the hospital room. A tall think man attempts to release my restraints. I punch him with my free hand and break his nose. He cries out and three more men come to his aid. I bite the hand of one and he punches me right above me right eye. I grunt but do not top. The thin man comes back and shoots me up with something that makes my muscles relax. I can't move them but I am aware of my surroundings.

I am picked up and placed into a wheel chair. I am wheeled into an old dirt warehouse where I am then place into another chair. This one is screwed into the old floor below. I am handcuffed to the chair and my gag removed. I spit on the tall thin man and he strikes me again in the same spot above my right brow. "Newt! Do not touch a hair on him again, you understand me? He is my champion!" squeals a familiar voice from behind me. The thin man leaves the room and the familiar voice is now behind me. "Do you remember me Royce?"

Fingers are run through my hair. The voice backs up and steps in front of me. Jaycee Davenport stood before me. "Jaycee?" I don't believe it. "Yes dear, it's me. In the flesh." She smiles. Rosalie walks into the room. "Why." "Why? "My dear Royce. Isn't it obvious?" I stare back at her in disbelief. "Please, wipe the stupid look off of your face. You look too much like Ash when you do that." "Ash?" "Yes moron. This is his entire fault. If he would have left me and Mr. Patron continue our relationship, I would be happily married and living in Mexico. But no. he had to get a detention and try to serve it a day early. He had to barge in and beat up my lover and have him sent to jail!"

"You're insane. You kill my entire family because you want revenge? You whore!" "Enough!" Jaycee yells. Jaycee clicks a button and I am being electrocuted all over. "Finished?" she asks and clicks her button again. The pain subsides and she continues. "So, I moved away. Well, actually I was submitted into an Insane Asylum. I had a lot of time to think there. To plan my revenge. So, Rose. Do you know what I did?" Jaycee looks at Rosalie and then back at me. "I kidnapped Rosalie's multimillionaire parents, forced them to purchase this land and build my arena. Then, I made Rosalie lure you all here. It all worked out so beautifully." I look over to Rosalie and she hangs her head low.

"You killed my family!" "Yes, I did. Unfortunately, you were my champion and not Ash. No. Ash had to be a hero and try to save little lousy Royce. He was supposed to be my champion. That way he could see his whole world torn apart and watch his family die. Have no worries though. I had all of your stupid family brought back from the dead so he could watch."

Ash was wheeled in on a stretcher. He was still bloody and torn. But he was alive. "Ash!" I yelled but he was unconscious. "Awe is little Ash till asleep? Poor baby. Let's wake him up shall we."