Chapter 9

We looked for hours trying to find any sign of Rosalie. She didn't leave any tracks to follow or broken branches behind. It's like as if she vanished. "Are you sure you seen her go this way Ash?" "Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure. I far could she be anyway." We were both starting to get worried. The sun looked like it was about 5 O'clock. We ended up skipping lunch looking for Rosalie. "Try her on the walkie again Roy." It's no use. I thought but it tried again. Nothing. We couldn't even get ahold of our parents. Maybe they're out of range. Maybe Rose is with them.

Howling come from this rolling hills behind us. "What the hell was that?" "Royce, what are you talking about?" "You're joking...You didn't hear that!" Asher slapped his forehead and ran his fingers through his hair. "Hear what exactly?" "The howling? Like a pack of wolves are coming straight for us right behind those hills over there." I point behind us.

Ash grew pale. "No. I don't hear em'. Let's just head back to camp and see if Mom and Dad are back yet with the twins. Maybe Rosalie's there too." He walked past me hurriedly and I noticed he was sweating. "Damn Bro, I know you've been outta sports for a while but I didn't know you were that outta shape". I laugh "It's dropped like 15 degrees and it actually feels cool. How on earth are you sweating?" I ask. "Feels cool? I'm burning up. It's defiantly at least 100 degrees plus out here. I think your pain meds are messing you up man. How many did you take anyway?"

The howling got closer and closer but never close enough for us to actually see any. Which is too bad, it would have been nice to have some good luck for once on this wild trip. We finally reach our camp. We call out for anyone over and over again. "Where the hell are they?" I panic. "Relax, they are probably still hunting or dragging a deer in as we speak." "Well what about Rosalie?" She's a big girl Royce. She's' armed and knows where we're camped. She'll show up." I could tell Asher was lying.

\N_