1.6 | Sharing Secrets

S1E1: Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Wednesday sat up on the balcony that connected her and Enid's room to Esmarie's room playing the song 'Paint It Back' on her Cello. She stared intensely at the sheet music in front of her as her fingers moved elegantly along the strings echoing through the night for all to hear. Esmarie, who was lying on her bed, closed her eyes and smiled as the music played peacefully through her mind; the melody felt as though it was being played for her but she had always felt that way when it came to music. She sat up and moved towards the window, leaning against the wall and watching Wednesday as she played her Cello.

Down in a secret room, Rowan snuck down a set of stairs that led to a dark circular room with a symbol on the floor that looked like a flower with a skull in the middle. He used his telekinesis to pull a book out from a shelf, he opened it until he came to an illustration of a girl that looked very similar to Wednesday, facing off against a Pilgrim in the Quad of the school; a strange yellow glow surrounded the two opponents that seemed to protect the drawing of what he assumed to be Wednesday Addams.

Elsewhere, Tyler Galpin had been thinking about his father's words about Wednesday's father and so he was looking through boxes of files in his garage; and finally found what he was looking for—the case file of Gomez Addams. Sheriff Galpin grabbed a beer from his desk and opened it. He got up and walked over to a board that had information about all of the strange monster attacks that had been happening; no answers about what or who was responsible. Though his theories always lead to the Nevermore Academy and their outcast students.

Xavier had been out in the Quad working on his crow painting inspired by Esmarie's companion that usually stayed perched on her shoulder. He stopped for a moment hearing the melody of Wednesday's Cello, he looked up to the towers of the school before focusing back on his painting. Ms Thornhill was feeding a bunch of Venus Flytraps when she heard the macabre music, she stopped for a moment and smiled before continuing to feed her precious plants. Principal Weems was sitting in her office typing on her computer when she heard the serenade. She stopped typing and leaned back in her chair, sighing contently.

 · · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Wednesday continued to play her Cello as Thing crawled on top of the music stand, turning the page to reveal the end of the song. Wednesday finished the song and exhaled deeply, Thing signed something to her. "No, I don't really feel better. There's just something wrong about this place. Not just because it's a school," Wednesday expressed to Thing. The window door opened and Enid climbed out, "How the hell did you get that oversized violin out the window?" Wednesday turned to her roommate, "I had an extra hand." Thing waved at Enid who stared back with wide eyes, "Whoa. Where's the rest of him?"