1.2 | New Neighbour

S1E1: Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe

· · ─────── ·✞· ─────── · ·

Larissa Weems led Morticia, Gomez and Wednesday through the corridor of Ophelia Hall until they reached an open door. There were two beds on opposing sides of the room and a giant circular window with a cobweb design on it. The left side of the room was completely covered in bright, vivid colours, stuffed animals, and the window panes had colourful decorations glued on it. The right half of the room was completely bland ready for the roommate to decorate the space; left for Wednesday to decorate for herself. Morticia and Gomez gasped at the sight of the left side of the room causing Gomez to speak, "It's so... vivid."

A girl who was sitting at her desk on the left side of the room stood up and pranced over to Wednesday. She had short blonde hair that was dyed blue on one side and red on the other, she had bright blue eyes and her fingernails were each painted a different vibrant colour. She was wearing the Nevermore Academy school uniform which was a white collared shirt and a black tie with a black sweater over it. She wore a blue and black striped knee-length skirt with a matching blazer that symbolised the school's colours and flair. The girl gasped excitedly and smiled at her new roommate, "Howdy, roomie."

"Wednesday, this is Enid Sinclair," Principal Weems introduced the girl. "Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale," Enid asked with worried eyes. "Wednesday always looks half-dead," Morticia assures the girl. "Oh," Enid extended her arms out, "Welcome to Ophelia Hall." She went to embrace her but Wednesday stepped back causing Enid to lower her arms as she spoke, "Not a hugger. Got it." Morticia smiled kindly at Enid, "Please excuse Wednesday. She's allergic to colour." Enid's eyes widened as she turned from the older woman to Wednesday, "Oh, wow. What happens to you?" Wednesday was stoic as ever as she spoke, "I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones."

"Luckily, we've special ordered you a uniform," Principal Weems said with a slight chuckle to ease the awkward tension that had built up. "Enid, please take Wednesday to the registrar's office to pick it up along with her schedule, and give her a tour along the way," Principal Weems instructed Enid who nodded her head. They all moved to leave the room when they were stopped by a new presence standing in the hall, Enid smiled kindly at the new presence while the Addams' looked at her in curiosity. "Oh, Wednesday. This is Esmarie King," Principal Weems introduced the teenager who turned to look directly at Wednesday. The raven-haired girl was slightly awestruck as she looked at Esmarie, the girl stoic as she pet the crow on her shoulder.

Esmarie King was taller than Wednesday by at least four inches, she had blonde hair that was tied half up and half down along with two loose strands shaping her face. She wore the same uniform as Enid however, she was wearing black jeans rather than the skirt that was clearly her preference but she still wore the white shirt, black tie and sweater, and the blazer. She had light brown eyes and a button-like nose, plump pink glossed lips and a round face; overall, she was beautiful to look at but Wednesday would never admit that aloud. "Pleasure to meet you, Wednesday. This is Satan," Esmarie spoke introducing her crow to the new girl who shivered at the sound of her voice echoing through her mind.