Jungkook cut in abruptly. "No, I am fine. I just pulled a muscle."

"But you seemed to be in so much pain."

"It's just.. my body is sore. I'll be okay."

"But---"

"Ahh..." Jungkook gripped his forehead, trying to divert Taehyung's attention with his changing expression of anguish.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt? Sh!t! Your medicines!" Taehyung stood up and made sure the cushions were comfortably positioned before covering Jungkook with a duvet.

"I will be right back."

Jungkook swiftly checked his pockets for his phone as Taehyung left the room. Spotting it on the nightstand, he dialed Bright without delay, instructing him to handle the company and meetings while dismissing his questions about the accident.

Taehyung returned carrying porridge and handed him the bowl as Jungkook watched him closely.

"Have this and take your medicine." Taehyung said.

Observing Taehyung's every move, Jungkook accepted the porridge and pills with a nod.

"I know you didn't want to see me. I am sorry this happened." Jungkook expressed, stirring the porridge while discreetly monitoring Taehyung's reactions.

"We will talk after you eat." Taehyung nodded towards the bowl in his hands with a smile, gesturing for him to eat. 

"Tell me how it tastes. These went through a lot." Taehyung showed his palms proudly with a smile.

Jungkook was surprised by Taehyung's smile and casual conversation, as if everything was back to normal between them and the recent conflict had never happened.

He observed Taehyung's eager gaze as he took the first bite of food, setting aside his inner thoughts.

"You cooked this?!" Jungkook exclaimed with wide eyes, to which Taehyung hesitated momentarily before Jungkook praised the dish. "It is so good!"

"Perks of leading a student life alone in an unknown city. You gotta know everything." 

Jungkook smiled and nodded in response to Taehyung's remarks while he kept eating.

"You don't have a maid?" Jungkook asked.

"No. I don't allow anyone into my personal space. Especially not this place." Taehyung let out a sigh and glanced around the room.

"Well... I am here. I must be special then."  Jungkook remarked with raised eyebrows, playfully suggesting his significance.

Taehyung smiled and locked eyes with Jungkook. "You are. You are special."

Jungkook's demeanor shifted as he gulped and averted his gaze, quietly continuing his meal.

"I thought you didn't want to see me. You don't have to pity me."

Taehyung retrieved the now empty bowl from Jungkook's grasp and put it on the nightstand.

"I am not pitying you. I don't have a reason to. I finally got answers. A lot of them." He grasped Jungkook's hands and paused, inhaling deeply before proceeding, "I-- I am sorry. I am so so sorry for the way I behaved. You didn't deserve it."

Jungkook was caught off guard by this unexpected apology. Although aware that Taehyung would talk if he was hurt, this level of sincerity was unforeseen.

Lost in his thoughts, Jungkook was jolted back to reality when he sensed Taehyung tenderly stroking his cheek, a solemn expression etched on his face.

"I shouldn't have slapped you. You've been nothing but nice to me and I--" Taehyung paused, averting his gaze as he struggled to contain his emotions.