30

"...It reeked of death."

"It? You couldn't tell if it was a male or female."

"It .. was a skeleton."

"Ahhh." Naruto hummed gently to himself while writing into a small notebook. Across from him sat Ophis who had a half-eaten slice of cake in front of her. The duo was sat at one of the many tables within the blond's shop. The store itself was bustling, considering the early hours of the day.

"So we have a skeleton god that reeks of death that worked with a dragon that has the ability to steal your powers?" Naruto read from the notebook. When Ophis nodded in response, he sighed. He could already tell that this wasn't going to be as simple as he had hoped.

"Okay. I'll start asking around to see if I can find anyone that matches that description." Ophis nodded once again but said nothing as she instead focused her attention on to the rest of her cake. Naruto watched the dragon for several seconds as she steadily consumed the slice of red velvet before turning his attention to the main counter of his store.

"Naru-kun!" The shinobi shook his head at Kuroka's excited greeting. The girl was behind the counter of the store, dressed in her usual outfit but with one of the blond's trademark smocks covering her front. Even with the smock providing her a lot more decency than she usually had, the mass of male customers flocked around the counter made it clear that the garment didn't completely hide the devil's sexual appeal.

"Look what I made!" The woman shouted before holding up a cupcake. From his position behind the writhing mass of male customers, Naruto managed to get a good look at the creation.

"That actually looks really good." The shinobi thought to himself as he ran his eyes over the treat. The tiny desert was approximately 4 inches tall. Two inches of the cupcake was a golden, flaky dough that was shaped perfectly into a star. Tiny dots of red littered its surface. The other two inches of the treat was made up of a snow-white cream in the shape of a spiral. Countless sprinkles sat on top of the cream, giving the treat a very colorful appearance.

"Looks good, Kuroka!" Naruto shouted while giving the girl two thumbs up. She seemed to blush at his gesture before ducking her head back underneath the counter. When the mass of males saw that the object of their affection was no longer paying attention to them, they turned around aggressively to confront the cause. When they spotted the six-foot, lean, muscular, blond, smock covered form of one Naruto Uzumaki, they quickly turned back towards Kuroka. The blond shook his head at their behavior before beginning to towards the counter's entrance.

"Naruto-san!" The shinobi stopped in his track when a noticeable female voice made itself known over the stream of male voices. The teen turned towards the sound of the voice and was surprised to see Artemis striding her way towards him.

"I apologize for not scheduling an appointment," Naruto found himself chuckling at woman's attempt at a joke. Despite her reputation, he was quickly learning that she could be rather funny when she wanted.

"But I figured this occasion would not exactly require one." The woman said. Naruto cocked his head to the side out of curiosity before opening his mouth to speak.

"You're welcome here anytime. So, what do yo-"

"Ma'am, do you mind If I buy you a treat? You look like you could eat one. A slice of cake? Some cookies, maybe?" The blond was interrupted by one of the male customers that had been crowding around his counter only moments ago. It seemed that the guy had caught sight of Artemis and switched his libido-fueled attention onto the god.

Artemis gave the man a look over with a unhidden amount of disgust in her eyes. Instead of reacting verbally, the god raised her hand in front of the man's face, much to his curiosity. His curiosity came to a quick end when a flurry of golden powder erupted from the goddess' hand and slammed into his face.