21

Cold and unblinking. Those were the two words that accurately described Ophis' expression. The god's face seemed to be set in a permanent mask of neutrality and stiffness as she met eyes with Koneko.

In all honesty, the young Nekoshou should've felt some type of fear staring into the face of an all powerful dragon god. It would've only been natural, after all. Even though her power was masked in the form of a little girl, Koneko was aware enough to realize that the person ... well god sat in front of her could wipe her off the face of the planet within a blink of an eye. The girl had more power in her pinky than she would ever have in her existence. Yet none of this mattered to the girl. None of this mattered when the god was encroaching on her territory, aka Naruto Uzumaki.

The two girls were currently sat inside of the teen's shop at his counter. Koneko was sat at her usual position behind the counter while Ophis sat at the opposite side, lazily munching away at a tray of snickerdoodles while looking into Koneko's eyes. Her ears were covered by a pair of overly large and fuzzy earmuffs. The god's gaze contained no malice or ill intent, only containing a sort of emotionless quality that was off putting to most. To Koneko though, it was only a sign of challenge.

"Can you please stop glaring at her?" Her boyfriend's voice managed to draw the Nekoshou's attention away from the god and back onto him. The blond was caked in a ludicrous amount of sugar and powder as he sent her a pleading look. She shot him an irritated look of her own before sending her fellow loli a sharp side glance.

"I'll stop when she leaves." Was the girl's simple response before settling her glare back onto Ophis. Seeing that his girlfriend had no plans on stopping anytime soon, Naruto was left to do nothing but sigh and return back to his work.

It had only been a couple days since Kokabiel's attack on Kuoh so there was still hope that things would go back to normal. He just had to wait it out a bit.

That strategy seemed to always work out for him in the end, right?

Shortly after Ophis' rather quick and pathetic murder of Kokabiel, Naruto arrived on campus ground. The scene that greeted him would've been very amusing to him if everyone who was present at the school attention hadn't been switched over to him. Ophis hadn't made things any better in the moment when she decided to casually trudge over to him and stand by his side. Oh, that had gone so wonderfully with his possessive Nekoshou girlfriend. He could still feel the heat of her glare on him even to this day.

It didn't take much coaxing out of everyone to get the exact details of what exactly had went down. When he had discovered the Fallen Angel's attack and subsequent death, all he could do was sigh. He felt partly bad that something so huge had went under his nose for so long but he was glad it was dealt with so quickly. He was confident he would've been able to deal with Kokabiel himself but having Ophis there definitely made things easier ... and a lot quicker.

He just hadn't expected the dragon to stay. He was able to sense the girl's reserves had refilled slightly after her encounter with Kokabiel. It wouldn't surprise him that she managed to somehow drain the man's reserves and convert it into her own. Now her energy levels stood at point where his victory against her wasn't guaranteed. Yet, she refused to make a move against him or, at the least, return to her 'home'. Instead, she stuck to his side like a lost puppy. Her excuse was that she was observing him. He didn't exactly know what her definition of observation was but he had a slight feeling that he would not enjoy it.

Now he was left here with two ... well one agitated loli and one apathetic dragon god on his hands. On top of all of that, the shop was extremely busy today and his employee of the month aka Vali was nowhere to be found. The devil tended to disappear and reappear at the worst of times, leaving the blond in rather crappy situations like the one he was in right now.