A Queen - Four

Yo! So, how does it feel by far? Does it feel dragged out?

~~🍂
In one of the taverns in the small town where the royals and their bodyguards in disguise stayed the night, King Sasuke leaned to the one still sleeping. He tucked the golden strand that disturbed his queen's face before a smile occupied as the one being disturbed opened his eyes.

"Did you sleep well, my queen?"

"Mm. Did you stay up again?" Queen Naruto questioned the one who was showing fatigue in the underbags of the eyes. They have been on the journey back for two days and his king hasn't had a good sleep. Every time he suggested his king to sleep, he would wake up with the latter stepping out of bed after barely three hours of sleep.

"Is there something I should know, my king?"

"There is nothing." King Sasuke kissed the forehead of the one looking concerned at him. There was really nothing, but because of the poor state of the tavern they chose to stay in, he was worried they might be ambushed. It might be because of tension and his worry for his queen's safety that he couldn't fall asleep.

"Don't worry, my queen. There is really nothing to worry about."

"... Would you like to take a bath with me, my king?" Queen Naruto asked and he felt instantly that he shouldn't have let his feelings lead the way when the weary gaze lightened up. Even when the owner of them tried to conceal the excitement, he was unable to. He just wanted to release the tension for his king but... He wondered if it would end that simply.

"Let's head to the bath chamber, my queen." King Sasuke almost carried his queen to the said chamber, if his queen wasn't quick to stop him. A devious smile worked up his lips but there was also something tender in the gaze that looked at his queen; a gratitude.

             In the bath chamber, King Sasuke who seemed excited before was anything but that while looking at the small bathtub. Even him alone wouldn't be comfortable in there. He turned to look at his queen who restrained a smile, obviously knowing his thoughts before this.

              He just wanted to enjoy a bath with his queen but that was impossible!

"My queen," King Sasuke sulked before pulling the one looking at him, his eyes revealing a teasing in them. The time after he reached the land of Whirlpool until now, he realized how unlucky he would have been if his queen wasn't his. His queen knows him and fulfills what he has missed in his life, just by being there.

"I will assist you with your bath, my king." Queen Naruto said when his king was pouting over not being able to bathe together with him in the bathtub. The two hands that have been able to touch the one he thought he would never be able to, pushed the torso of the one in whose embrace he falls asleep every night. He casted a glance and his king stayed still for him to undress him.

"In about two to three days, we will be back in the palace... Until then, please endure it a little more."

"... Should you be saying this while taking off my robe, my queen?" A smile once again perked up on the lips that have smiled frequently the last few days. No matter how much he teases, his queen doesn't seem to be getting used to it and a blush worked up the touchable earlobes again. However, unlike the last times, this time his queen did not pull away but looked up at him.

"... Could you wash my hair for me too?"

"Mm." Queen Naruto didn't decline his king's request as it was no use to doing it. This wasn't the first or second time his king had asked it of him. He sensed the water in the bathtub and realized it had been mixed, just like in the last tavern they stayed. His king let the other do that before waking him up.