A Fool - Eight

I fell asleep before midnight last night so here is the next chapter. 😊

~~🍂
As summer arrived in the kingdom of Leaf, numerous events were held and one of the most anticipated ones was no other than the haunting that was arranged to show the ability of each individual and even as a group. It was an event where each clan of different nations showed their skills to attract others to be in alliance with them as well as searching for a possible partner for their sons and daughters. That could be said that what they desired the most was to attract the king's attention, in the hope that their land could be under his wings. So it was a given that they sent the most talented and handsome ones to the haunting ground which even the king and the queen would participate. While the most delicate beauties were sent to perform their abilities such as dancing, playing instruments, and singing.

"... Now that we all know the rules and restrictions of the contest, we will see everyone back here in the evening." After a fourth-rank general declared, the whole crowd of young men in group roared in excitement before entering the forest of Leaf to haunt the animals.

Nobody wanted to miss the exotic animals since they had more points that would be used to get the prize from the king. Everyone was set on capturing as many as they could and even from the same group, they were competing with one another. As the points are counted individually as well.

"Hey, isn't that the queen of Leaf?" One of the participants questioned his comrade when he saw the queen who had changed his attire but didn't seen any different since he didn't wore any make up such as the consort and the concubines of the king. It is just that his attire was less luxurious but was still very appealing. They have heard about the marriage that was only for the convenience of the kingdom and land which isn't uncommon since almost every royal marriage happens that way. However, they have heard about how the king did not love his queen and have someone who he loves already.

"Should we go and greet him?"

"Are you asking to have your head cut off?" The second one shakes his head at his comrade who is doing something above himself. Even if the king did not love his queen, they shall never touch the one who is his exclusive possession.

"Tch! Even the people of this kingdom look down on him, what are you afraid of?" The first one who was proud to have the king's gaze on him when they were at the lawn before said and walked forward to the Queen who was to go another way.

'Who knows, maybe I will be one of the consorts His Majesty would favor like consort Haruno. Hihi.'

"Greetings to Your Excellency."

"How may I help you?" Queen Naruto questioned the one who approached him after acknowledging his greeting. If he wasn't wrong, he thought the young man before him who might be a few years older than him was the same one who cast gazes toward His Majesty. Perhaps it was because he was too proud that he did not know manners or he was just too confident of his look that he dared to look His Majesty in the eyes.

"I just want to greet Your Excellency since I might," The one who was confident in his look that, in his opinion, is way better than the Queen, smiled before continuing without fear that;

"Since we might end up meeting each other more in the future."

"... Ah," Queen Naruto smiled as he understood what the other wants. The other had purposely approached him to taunt and ridicule him because of the gossip that everyone knew about. He doesn't blame the other for his misunderstanding, but he is wrong in thinking they have a bad relationship, just like everyone else. It seems the other think his look would be able to push him up the ladder and that is another thing he was wrong about.