A Fool - Ten

We will be back to the present by the next chapter. Can't believe we are more than halfway through the story.

~~🍂
At a small village in the middle of the woods, King Sasuke in common clothes comes out of the cottage he had been staying in for four days after he arrived three days ago.

"Can't you stay here, father?" A boy around seven years old grasped the big hand of the one he called his father before looking up at him with puppy eyes. He was still startled by almost being captured by some men storming into his chamber before the rescue arrived.

"Itachi, I need to go back to the palace so I can bring you and," King Sasuke turned to look at the woman who approached them with a knowing smile, knowing full well the young crown prince was giving him a hard time.

"... Her back to where you should be. Do you understand?"

"... I understand, father." Crown Prince Itachi responded with a pout but still let go of the hand he was grasping. For his obedience, he received a stroke on his small head which is something he liked.

"You won't have to wait much longer, please be patient." King Sasuke said to the woman who has to sacrifice many things in order to protect the one looking at them with innocent eyes. They both have and after this, they can all live in the palace again without needing to fear the danger surrounding them.

"I and crown prince Itachi are fine here, Your Majesty, don't push yourself too hard, hm?" The one in the king's embrace said as she returned the warm hug. She knows how hard His Majesty is trying for them.

"I am grateful for everything you are doing, Your Majesty. And I hope you don't forget your own happiness too."

"... There is someone I want you to meet when everything is fine." King Sasuke said with a small smile on his lips. Only talking about the one in the palace who he missed, his heart raced with excitement as he will be seeing him in three days.

"Both of you."

"Who?" Crown Prince Itachi questioned and he was called by the king to come closer. He quickly approached him as he was intrigued.

"[...] It's a secret, okay?" King Sasuke said after he whispered beside the prince's ear and winked. That was able to call a giggle from the younger one who was happy to get to know his secret.

"Your Majesty, the horses are ready." Bodyguard Lee approached the three royals to tell them that they were ready for the journey back.

"Crown Prince Itachi, listen to your mother, and don't wander off without Juugo." King Sasuke reminded the one who was terrified by almost being abducted and got some scratches because of the struggle.

"Look after your mother, she will need your help until she gets better."

"I won't wander off, Father, don't worry." Crown Prince Itachi promised and he was going to keep it because he already faced danger even though he was at home. His mother was worse than him as she took the blade about to pierce through him. And, if home isn't safe, outside can't be safer.

"And I will look after Mother."

"You should get going before it gets dark, Your Majesty?" The one looking at her son said before pulling the younger one to her. If she didn't do this, His Majesty wouldn't be able to take another step.

"I will finish this as soon as possible. In the meantime, please take care of yourselves." King Sasuke said to the two whom he loved with his whole heart and another one whom he cared about before turning around to leave. As he was seated on the horse, he signaled to Bodyguard Juugo to proceed with what they had discussed.